Low Point Drain

jerryjay11

I own a 2018 Pioneer RL250. To drain the fresh water I have three drain lines which are located inboard of the rear tandem wheel. With the drains located here I have to lay or knee on the ground, reach around the wheel to access them. Moving them back about a foot would place them behind the wheel and easier to access, particularly for us older guys.

marknewbill

I own a 2018 Pioneer RL250. To drain the fresh water I have three drain lines which are located inboard of the rear tandem wheel. With the drains located here I have to lay or knee on the ground, reach around the wheel to access them. Moving them back about a foot would place them behind the wheel and easier to access, particularly for us older guys.
I would personally like them to have the valves located inside the same area of the pumps, etc. on the inside. then while you are there anyway winterizing, you simply open the valve.

AG4SM

We just brought home a new 2021 BH322. I noticed the 3 drains are right next to the front axle where I have to reach between the two wheels. They are even touching the axle, which makes me wonder if I am going to have a problem with them rubbing as the axle bounces going down the road. Why in the name of all that is holy would they put them there??

danemayer

We just brought home a new 2021 BH322. I noticed the 3 drains are right next to the front axle where I have to reach between the two wheels. They are even touching the axle, which makes me wonder if I am going to have a problem with them rubbing as the axle bounces going down the road. Why in the name of all that is holy would they put them there??

Placement is probably a function of where the pump, tanks and fixtures are located. The fresh tank drain is usually around the axles because that's where you want the water weight. The low point drains are usually further forward. But the floor plan may dictate otherwise.

I'd suggest wrapping them with tape or a cable sheath and check for wear after your first couple of trips.

When I had Independent Suspension put on to replace my axles, the fresh tank drain ended up hidden above the suspension. I added 2 90 degree fittings to bring it out to a more convenient locations. PEX is pretty easy to work with and it's not a bad idea to carry a couple of feet along with some fittings. Sharkbite (or comparable) press-on fittings can be installed in seconds without any tools.

marknewbill

Make them actually low points...in my RE275 a 2020 model, the low point leaves the pump area, and then the pipe goes up hill through a sweeping bend and then through the floor. if there was an elbow or as earlier, a valve there instead of the sweep bend, it would drain better. I understand siphoning, but this seems problematic and forces you to use the blow out method.