LG sound bar problem

ORV1980

Sherman
We recently purchased a 2017 Newport. In the living room we have a 55" LG TV and LG sound bar. We are not getting any sound out of the sound bar. I would like to check the connections on the back of the sound bar but do not see how to remove it. Has anybody pulled one out?
Also, does anybody know where the sub woofer speaker is located?
Thanks,
Sherman
ORV1980

danemayer

Hi ORV1980,

Congratulations on the Landmark 365 and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I saw one last summer where the mounting bracket was pressing on the On/Off switch for the sound bar. Every time the remote was used to turn on the sound bar, it would immediately turn off. I don't rec all exactly how the TV was mounted, but once it was out of the way, there was access to the bracket holding the sound bar. Correcting the problem was just a matter of loosening the bracket's screws and inserting a little folded piece of paper between sound bar and bracket to shim it away from the On/Off switch.

oldelmer1

Our sound bar stops sending the sound out all the time, I have to reach around the back and plug the fiber optic cable back in.

You might want to check that, but I can pull mine out to find d n it first.

franks1

Retired Alabama Chapter Leaders
We had the same problem,The fiber optic cable would not stay in,so I put a little silicone glue around the outside of it.Problem solved

ORV1980

Sherman
I think that the cable probably did fall out, I just have to figure out how to get to the back of the sound bar. I am wondering if I need to pull out the fireplace, then I would have access to sound bar and cables.
Thanks for the suggestions.

oldelmer1

Ours just had velcro holding it in place on each side.

I would think pulling out the fireplace wouldn't help.

ALF

Former Georgia Chapter Leaders
Pull out the fireplace wires to sound bar will be right there so will the sub woofer. I moved the sub woofer next to rear couch under shelf .

ORV1980

Sherman
Pull out the fireplace wires to sound bar will be right there so will the sub woofer. I moved the sub woofer next to rear couch under shelf .

It looks like the fireplace pulls out by removing 4 screws, pretty easy. I like the idea of moving the sub woofer out by the couch, might give that a try.
Thanks for the help.
Sherman

ORV1980

Sherman
I pulled the fireplace which gave me easy access to the cables and the woofer. The optical cable was unplugged. I plugged it back in and the sound came blasting out, I had it turned way up. I put a couple zip ties on the cable and took advice from someone in another thread and put a spot of silicone on the outside of the connector to help hold it in place.