Anyone buy a Elkridge 293 yet?

RamblinFever

I've been looking at this model and like the floorplan. 31'7" long, almost 9,000 lbs. dry and 11,000 GVWR. Seems heavy to be called a lightweight.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
If you need lighter weight check out the Prowler P293.

Same floor plan but not as heavy.

When we were looking at 5th-wheelers we saw the Elkridge E292 (old version of the E293, but has a slide-out in the bedroom and bathroom access from the bedroom), but it was also too heavy for our new 2015 Chevy 2500HD.

When we discovered the Prowler P292 (same exact floor plan as the E292) and it was well within the tow specs of our new truck . . . we jumped on it!

Have had it for 2 1/2 years and love it!

ProwlerBlueMesaView-PA111414.jpg
Two weeks ago . . .

RamblinFever

I've come to the conclusion that I don't want a "lite" trailer. we had agreed to purchase a 2018 Elkridge. The deal breaker was the flex in the floor in the bath and bedroom area. Dealer was going to consult with Heartland about the flex problem. Probably meaning we wouldn't get possession of the trailer for quite a while. Not to mention it was heavier and had lower GVWR than our 2011 Elkridge 27RLSS. I asked the sealer for other suggestions for something around 30 feet long. Scanning the webpages of Heartland I'm finding errors in specs. I thought I found on that I likes that was 29 feet. Other specs indicated 34 feet. I'm really hoping there is a source to find what I'm looking for across all brands of RVs.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
The paperwork says our 2015 Prowler P292 is 33.8 feet in length . . . I've never measured, though.

ProwlerMeasure-P1020514.jpg

Loaded it weighs just under 9900 pounds.