ATF: Big Country - Water input valves and Hot Water Bypass

dmclane

I game a 2015 Big Country and I am have an issue with the water hook-up. When the hose is hooked up to the input water source there was no flow in any of the modes, city, tank fill, or Normal no results of water flow. I proceeded to disassemble the water input and removed the back flow valve. When this was completed the water was flowing again. So need a replacement fixture. Then went to do a by-pass of the hot water tank. This did not work either. Do, without taking everything apart are there any ideas. Thanks and Happy Trails!

danemayer

Hi dmclane,

Just to be clear, you're saying that after you turn the water heater bypass valve 90 degrees, water still goes into the water heater tank.

There's a check valve at the water heater, usually on the hot output connection. If that check valve sticks open, water can flow backward into the tank even when bypassed. I just replaced my check valve for that very reason.

dmclane

Hi dmclane,

Just to be clear, you're saying that after you turn the water heater bypass valve 90 degrees, water still goes into the water heater tank.

There's a check valve at the water heater, usually on the hot output connection. If that check valve sticks open, water can flow backward into the tank even when bypassed. I just replaced my check valve for that very reason.

Thanks, That had me confused, do you have the part #?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk