Big Country 3965dss

Has anyone had problems with this model?
If you own this model how do you like it?

Mine is 2017 model and so far so good.
Biggest draw back for m s lack of storage in the kitchen.

I have owned mine since November 2016, and have lived in it full time. I have not had at problems, so I guess I am lucky.
Mine is also a 2017 3965dss

jimtoo

Hi Soldierboy,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Have not heard of many problems with the Big Country. The unit you have looks like it is laid out really nice.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

Wmnmy

So far so good just minor stuff at pdi like dinet table not screwed down and recliner theater seats not screwed down . I had to put about 10 Brad nails in the trim piece on the slide going up the stairs. Overall we are very happy with our 3965DSS . Every once in a while the main three slides will trip the breaker but changing it out to a 80 amp should fix that .

greatheron

MD Chapter Member
We also have a 2017 BC 3965dss (picked up 11/2016). Big selling points for us was the 50" tv and fireplace downstairs and the 40" and second fireplace upstairs along with the off-door upstairs access, which is slightly different. The accent lights on the slide columns and around the island counter are nice mood lighting in the evening. We love the layout and the slide-in-slide in the bedroom provides unbelieveable space for dressing!

We had problems with both the slide-in-slide (bed) and the slide that it is inside of (bedroom & hall closet) better known as the lippert worm gear driven slides. They would come in crooked or uneven. Our local repair dealership technicians told us we needed to never partially open those types of slides. If you look at the floor plan, you will see that you cannot access the bathroom or bedroom without opening the closet/bedroom slide (or at least with our "stature" we can't :rolleyes:). So, we were opening it only about a foot, then retracting.

Technicians explained that the worm gear slides must be opened and closed all the way or to its fullest extent, never stopped partially opened or closed, and hold the button for a few seconds when fully opened or closed. It literally "learns" the extent of opening or closing. They also pointed out some lubrication points and pointers to be completed "every time". Since learning and following all of the pointers, we have not had a problem and love ❤️ our BC3965dss!!!

Jim1971

2017 big country 3965dss fireplace in living room needs replaced but can't figure out how to get it out any ideas

Attachments

• 20220919_095145.jpg
    20220919_095145.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6