Yeti Package

ORV1980

Sherman
We recently purchased a 2017 Landmark Newport. The Yeti Package tank heaters are not working. I turn on the switches and they do not light up. The circuit breaker has power but there is no power at the switches. Is there a control module or something that controls the system?
Thanks,
Sherman

danemayer

Hi Sherman,

Heartland has wired YETI components in more than 1 way over the years. If both YETI switches are rocker-type switches, the switches may be getting 12V DC from the fuse box in order to operate relays located behind the control panel. Check the fuse box to see if you have a blown fuse. A visual inspection is not always conclusive; you may need a meter.

ORV1980

Sherman
Hi Sherman,

Heartland has wired YETI components in more than 1 way over the years. If both YETI switches are rocker-type switches, the switches may be getting 12V DC from the fuse box in order to operate relays located behind the control panel. Check the fuse box to see if you have a blown fuse. A visual inspection is not always conclusive; you may need a meter.

Dan,
The switches are rockers with lights on them.
I found the Yeti fuse, it checks fine with ohm meter. I tried checking for 12 volts in fuse box but did not see a reference point for the ground lead of the meter.
How would i get to the relays?

danemayer

Dan,
The switches are rockers with lights on them.
I found the Yeti fuse, it checks fine with ohm meter. I tried checking for 12 volts in fuse box but did not see a reference point for the ground lead of the meter.
How would i get to the relays?

You may want to revisit 12V at the fuse. If you unscrew the fuse box cover, it should expose where the thick wires attach for incoming 12V and ground. There's also a ground buss where all the ground wires attach. Any of those will work for the ground lead of the meter.

On a fuse box with fuses arranged in a vertical stack, the right side is usually power to the fuse and the left side is power through the fuse and on to the switches. You should have 12V DC on each side, to ground.

Don't overlook the possibility of labeling error in the fuse box. Check each fuse position.

If that checks out, go to the switches. Unscrew the mounting plate for the switches and carefully pull it away from the wall. The careful part is to avoid pulling any wires loose from switches. Use your phone to take a picture of the backside of switches so you have a reference in case wires come off while checking things. Test for 12V on each side of each switch. If you have 12V on one side but not the other, flip the switch to the ON position and check again.

It seems unlikely that both switches or both parts of the YETI system would fail at the same time. It's way more likely you're not getting 12V to the switches.

ORV1980

Sherman
I pulled the fuse box and found it was just like you said Dan. There are five fuses that don't have any wires going out. one of those is marked Yeti. I can not see any wires hanging loose back in the chase.

I found one blown fuse that is labeled Bed/Bath. Replaced the bad fuse and turned on the Yeti Pump Line switch. Switch lit up. Turned on the Tank Pads switch and the fuse blew with a loud snap. Obviously a direct short somewhere.

I am curious why there are five fuses that are not connected and what else could be wired wrong.
A little scary actually.

danemayer

I pulled the fuse box and found it was just like you said Dan. There are five fuses that don't have any wires going out. one of those is marked Yeti. I can not see any wires hanging loose back in the chase.

I found one blown fuse that is labeled Bed/Bath. Replaced the bad fuse and turned on the Yeti Pump Line switch. Switch lit up. Turned on the Tank Pads switch and the fuse blew with a loud snap. Obviously a direct short somewhere.

I am curious why there are five fuses that are not connected and what else could be wired wrong.
A little scary actually.
If you have a late 2017 model with the KIB Multi-Plex Lighting Control Panel, some of the fuse box positions are probably not being used because the power routing to the control panel is different.

As for the fuse that blows when the Tank Pads switch is turned on, that suggests a short at the relay, which is probably behind the control panel switches. On your LM 365, I believe the tank pads are 120V AC, powered through the 12V DC relay that's energized by the switch.

To make additional progress on your own, you'll have to locate the relay.

ORV1980

Sherman
If you have a late 2017 model with the KIB Multi-Plex Lighting Control Panel, some of the fuse box positions are probably not being used because the power routing to the control panel is different.

As for the fuse that blows when the Tank Pads switch is turned on, that suggests a short at the relay, which is probably behind the control panel switches. On your LM 365, I believe the tank pads are 120V AC, powered through the 12V DC relay that's energized by the switch.

To make additional progress on your own, you'll have to locate the relay.

At this point I think I will add it to the long list of things for the dealer to take care of. If it was not new i would dig into it further, but i think it should have been working when we picked up the rig.
Thanks for your help Dan.