2017 Big Country with Big Problems

mlpeloquin

I wish people would remember that air conditioners, water heaters, microwave ovens, stoves, refrigerators, heaters, fireplaces, etc., are made by other manufactures and are installed in many if not all brands and types of RV's. This is not a "Heartland" manufacturing problem. Failures on these items do an all brands and types of RV's. I have observed that Heartland has seemed to changed manufactures on items that seem to have a higher than normal failure rate, but stuff happens. It is not fun, but it does happen. Water leaks, things not fastened properly, missing wire nuts, etc. are. We have had our fun with the convection microwave oven, stove top, water heater, stripped bedroom slide gear box, missing wire nuts, a fun to find non functional AC socket, knobs falling off the window cranks, over head cabinet doors popping off. Discovered and repaired the overhead table light that was about to fall off, and a few other odds and ends. I repaired them my self and not had a problem since.

Note that the problem with the over head lights was do to the nails used to attached it were all put in straight perpendicular to level instead of at an angle. Shake and vibe do to traveling will work the nails out. Maybe someone new on the job not thinking when installing. I added a few nails to the overhead light over the kitchen island to make sure it would not have the problem as well. Anything with a threaded screw that has worked loose got loctite.

carl.swoyer

I wish people would remember that air conditioners, water heaters, microwave ovens, stoves, refrigerators, heaters, fireplaces, etc., are made by other manufactures and are installed in many if not all brands and types of RV's. This is not a "Heartland" manufacturing problem. Failures on these items do an all brands and types of RV's. I have observed that Heartland has seemed to changed manufactures on items that seem to have a higher than normal failure rate, but stuff happens. It is not fun, but it does happen. Water leaks, things not fastened properly, missing wire nuts, etc. are. We have had our fun with the convection microwave oven, stove top, water heater, stripped bedroom slide gear box, missing wire nuts, a fun to find non functional AC socket, knobs falling off the window cranks, over head cabinet doors popping off. Discovered and repaired the overhead table light that was about to fall off, and a few other odds and ends. I repaired them my self and not had a problem since.

Note that the problem with the over head lights was do to the nails used to attached it were all put in straight perpendicular to level instead of at an angle. Shake and vibe do to traveling will work the nails out. Maybe someone new on the job not thinking when installing. I added a few nails to the overhead light over the kitchen island to make sure it would not have the problem as well. Anything with a threaded screw that has worked loose got loctite.
This is what the Penn State I-81 shake and vibe did to my LG TV.
d2616a6673063b5717121b39584cf583.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

ramdually4100king

This is what the Penn State I-81 shake and vibe did to my LG TV.
d2616a6673063b5717121b39584cf583.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I had questions about the hideaway TVs when they first showed up in RVs. We have a similar setup in the military and have to bring 5 TVs to have 3 that will work at our destination. The system lets the tv shake because there are no straps stabilizing it while down.
LED/LCD TVs don’t like to be shaken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk