EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: NV, Verdi - 6/21/2018 to 6/24/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
You want $25.00 and you get paid by Heartland, seriously ???

Chapter leaders end up paying most Rally costs up front out of their own pockets. You can’t always get someone (like a local RV Dealer) to sponsor the rally. That makes the costs “out of pocket” even greater. If you’ve never been a chapter leader, you can’t really understand how much it can cost behind the scenes. Sure, Heartland gives you $20 per rig back later, but I can say that in 4 years as a chapter leader, I always spent more than I got back. So yes, $25 when you’re operating with so many unknowns(rally food, venues, door prizes, etc) is a very realistic amount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trailer Trash

Chapter leaders end up paying most Rally costs up front out of their own pockets. You can’t always get someone (like a local RV Dealer) to sponsor the rally. That makes the costs “out of pocket” even greater. If you’ve never been a chapter leader, you can’t really understand how much it can cost behind the scenes. Sure, Heartland gives you $20 per rig back later, but I can say that in 4 years as a chapter leader, I always spent more than I got back. So yes, $25 when you’re operating with so many unknowns(rally food, venues, door prizes, etc) is a very realistic amount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were founding chapter leaders started Central Calif in 08, now called No. Calif, we knew how to make $, kept our budget to what we made plus what we got from Heartland, never charged a "rally fee" and passed on $1400. to the next party who took over chapter leader duties. Everyone chipped in on doing some great work. We worked with what we had. Wash, Oregon, No. Cal, So Cal, Nev. No fees.

Last edited:

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
We were founding chapter leaders started Central Calif in 08, now called No. Calif, we knew how to make $, kept our budget to what we made plus what we got from Heartland, never charged a "rally fee" and passed on $1400. to the next party who took over chapter leader duties. Everyone chipped in on doing some great work. We worked with what we had. Wash, Oregon, No. Cal, So Cal, Nev. No fees.

The Pacific Regional Rally this last Sept charged $25 per person and nobody complained about that. Had over 80 rigs in attendance for that get together.

If you look at the first post it's all in black and white why they MAY charge this fee.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
I think $25.00 per rig is a reasonable fee. In today's world, with dealerships and other vendors tightening their belts and not wanting to contribute as much if even at all, the cost sharing is going to be something that is going to happen. In the grand scheme of things its really not unreasonable and they are saying "only if needed". And in the end, if $25.00 per rig is too much for your budget, you always have the choice to not attend. That's my opinion anyway.

Rod

RoadJunkie

There are many good examples of chapter leaders that execute fabulous rallies without implementing a rally tax. Floyd, Southern Nevada, and Bill, Southern California, are two recent examples. Some rallies have become big business with sponsors, promotional seminars and bigger and better productions. I personally don't believe rallies need to be of such an elaborate nature that the rally tax is necessary; rallies, for us, are opportunities to see and visit with friends while enjoying our common passion...RV camping. Back to basics?

Trailer Trash

The Pacific Regional Rally this last Sept charged $25 per person and nobody complained about that. Had over 80 rigs in attendance for that get together.

If you look at the first post it's all in black and white why they MAY charge this fee.

I know how to read !!! Its just my opinion.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I agree with Art. Except for your first Rally, if you're managing your chapter funds correctly you should always have money in your kitty for the next rally. That's really all you need.

I held four Rallies when I was Chapter Leader for Utah. I never charged a fee for members for any of them. I never had a dealer sponsor for any of them as well and always came out in the black. This included renting a meeting room when necessary.
Another turn-off for some folks, is the fact that being a member for years and supporting the Heartland Owners Club, only saves you a few bucks over a non-member.
That was originally part of the privilege of being an Owners Club member. All events, other than the National Rally were free to attend, with the exception of your site fee.
25-30 Rigs at $45 per rig is a nice healthy chunk of change when many of your items are either donated by members or sponsors.
You can also plan on making more revenue for your Chapter through the raffles that are normally held at every rally. Trace

Last edited:

RoadJunkie

I agree with Art. Except for your first Rally, if you're managing your chapter funds correctly you should always have money in your kitty for the next rally. That's really all you need.

I held four Rallies when I was Chapter Leader for Utah. I never charged a fee for members for any of them. I never had a dealer sponsor for any of them as well and always came out in the black. This included renting a meeting room when necessary.

You did a great job as chapter leader, Trace. You were highly qualified and professional in your efforts. Thanks once again.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired

Hi Jim,
I think people understood as of a few years ago, that Regional rallies we're going to begin charging a fee, because they were going to be a cut-above Chapter Rallies.
In my humble opinion, charging for a Chapter Rally diminishes the prestige of the Regional Rallies in that sense. Jmo Trace

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

NorthCal Bob

Hi George and Laura,

Just made my reservations for your rally in Verdi. We will be arriving June 21 and departing June 25, we are assigned site 55. looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Bob

TahoeCamper

Founding Nevada-North Chapter Leader-Retired
Hi George and Laura,

Just made my reservations for your rally in Verdi. We will be arriving June 21 and departing June 25, we are assigned site 55. looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Bob

Bob and Bo, That's FANTASTIC! Sorry for the delay in responding, I had carpal tunnel surgery on my right hand. I'm typing left-handed and very slow. Wishing you a happy Thanksgiving.
George

TahoeCamper

Chuck and Donna Impey , So glad to hear from you and you'll be attending the Nevada-north rally. I'll add your name to the list and we look forward to meeting you. We'll be posting to the forum after the first of the new year our agenda. Will this be your first HOC Rally? June will be here sooner than we think.
Happy holidays to you,
George and Laura Smith

jdawson

Past Pacific Region Director
John and Lori will be there, arriving on 6/20 and departing on 6/25 space #63. see everyone there.

Matt_Teri

George & Laura,
Just reserved site #73, June 21-24. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Thanks for stepping up to be chapter leaders, all your work is appreciated.

Matt & Teri

TahoeCamper

George & Laura,
Just reserved site #73, June 21-24. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Thanks for stepping up to be chapter leaders, all your work is appreciated.

Matt & Teri[/QUOTE
Hey Matt, or should it be Drew!!! So glad to hear that you will be attending. We only have one site remaining.
George and Laura Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.