Can I swap my 2 stock batteries for 2 agm batteries on my 2017 BC 3560S?

CDoggy

I want to switch my 2 stock lead acid batteries to 2 AGM batteries so I can eliminate the battery maintenance/watering piece. My question really is:

Will the converter (battery charger) that came stock with my 2017 Big Country 3560S be able to correctly charge AGM batteries after I install them? Or will I need to upgrade the converter?

I am seriously hoping that the stock converter can correctly charge the 2 new AGM batteries...

Anyone know the answer? Buehler? heh...

Thanks in advance, Rookie RVer in Seattle,

Chris

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We did just that with our 2016 BC. Check the manual for the Converter, I believe you do not not need to do anything differently. If you get bigger batteries, (say Group 31), you may need to go up in size on your battery boxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
I spoke with Dennis at PROGRESSIVE DYNAMICS (maker of our converter) before buying AGM batteries. He said he had no concerns about charging them with their converter. He did suggest getting a "pendant" that allows manual selection of the charging mode but warned that it would be prudent to monitor the battery temperatures if using the "Boost" mode for extended periods. Calling the manufacturer (in most cases) is the best way to get accurate information about a product. Progressive Dynamics has been very good about sharing what they know!

We've had AGMs for 3 months now with no issues.