3 Year Structural Warranty and Dedicated PDI Facility

danemayer

I don't know how I missed this announcement.

http://www.rvbusiness.com/2017/09/heartland-adopting-3-year-structural-warranty/

"In line with a strategic initiative to improve overall quality and streamline customer service, Heartland Recreational Vehicles LLC announced today (Sept. 18) the launch of a 3-year limited structural warranty. The program goes into effect covering new manufactured units on Nov. 1.

The move comes on the heels of Heartland’s multi-pronged expansion project in January at its Elkhart, Ind., headquarters and Cruiser RV/DRV Luxury Suites division in nearby Howe that added more than 500,000 square feet of manufacturing space and included a dedicated facility to pre-delivery inspection (PDI)."

wdk450

I would suppose that the PDI facility in Howe would only be for the Landmarks, etc. built at the Howe plant. But, anything COULD happen, this might be a first step in getting factory PDI for ALL Heartlands, and I congratulate Heartland on this industry leading action!!!

I wonder if corporate would be interested in our owner-generated PDI documents???

danemayer

I saw the plans for the Elkhart PDI facility last June. It's huge and intended to run 100% of Elkhart production through it. It looked to me like a very expensive facility and a major staffing investment. I'm a little surprised because I thought it wouldn't be fully operational until around June 2018. So maybe they've started and will ramp up to 100% over coming months.

jbeletti

There is no plan to shift Landmark production out of our Elkhart campus.

I drove by the construction site of the new Heartland Elkhart PDI facility this morning . It is big and the steel is going up now. When on I-80 heading east, you'll see it first as it's about the west most plant on that corridor. It's being built almost next to the existing PDI facility.

carl.swoyer

I don't know how I missed this announcement.

http://www.rvbusiness.com/2017/09/heartland-adopting-3-year-structural-warranty/

"In line with a strategic initiative to improve overall quality and streamline customer service, Heartland Recreational Vehicles LLC announced today (Sept. 18) the launch of a 3-year limited structural warranty. The program goes into effect covering new manufactured units on Nov. 1.

The move comes on the heels of Heartland’s multi-pronged expansion project in January at its Elkhart, Ind., headquarters and Cruiser RV/DRV Luxury Suites division in nearby Howe that added more than 500,000 square feet of manufacturing space and included a dedicated facility to pre-delivery inspection (PDI)."

In 2012 when I had to bring my Landmark Rushmore to the factory I had suggested this to Jim Fenner. I personally witnessed how the dealership sets the manufacturer up to pay for warranty claims. The money they are going to save is going to be huge.
EXCELLENT!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

LBR

This should show to the members that corporate is pro-active for our end quality. If previous complaints are true of more quantity, lesser quality units of yesterday being compromised, then possibly our monies are being applied for that better coach thru more thorough factory PDI work....Rock On, Heartland.

Oregon_Camper

Definitely a step in the right direction.

My PDI document is downloaded about 100 times a month, so I'll see if this starts to decline as the facility ramps.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

avvidclif

When one does something new and different they all have to "say" they are following or get left behind. Be interesting to see how many actually do something about it. I still think it would be cheaper to just slow down a bit and build them right the first time. AND clean up a little of their mess.

ksucats

I second that comment about slowing down and building them right the first time. What is that saying -- we don't have the time to do it right but we have the time to fix it later? Unfortunately that 'fix it later' often is after the purchaser has it and results in long down-times waiting for the dealership to get the coach into the shop, diagnose the problems AGAIN, and then order parts that will have to be installed at a later time. Don't know how many noticed but Jim B's comment above stated it was close to the 'existing PDI facility.' :(