Dura brand 3-Hole Faucet with Pressure Issues?

DallasFull-Timer

Hey y'all,

We're just under our first year in full-timing in our Elkridge 38RSRT, and the Dura kitchen faucet has rapidly become virtually unusable. I've already removed the screen in the sprayer and it didn't make any difference. I've inspected underneath and there aren't any leaks going on. Pressure is great at every other faucet in the coach, as well as the showers and bath.

Has anyone else experienced sudden failure with the Dura 3-hole units? I've attached pictures showing how the pressure is sort of "dripping" out, if you will.

Any advice?

20171104_101236.jpg

20171104_101345.jpg

20171104_101310.jpg

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Dura 3-Hole With Pressure Issues?

There most likely is a flow re-stricter in the sprayer hose.
You will need to take that hose out, look for a plastic re-stricter and pull it out.

Peace
Dave

SLO

All kitchen faucets with a pull out head have a check valve and the flow restrictor is usually in the same location as the check valve. Most of the time it will be where the hose screws onto the spray head. Put a zip tie around the hose just above the nut that threads onto the spray head so it doesn’t go back up into the goose neck. A dental tool helps in getting out the flow restrictor and check valve. It’s usually just slides in there and held in place with an o ring. No familiar with Dura so it may be a different system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DallasFull-Timer

All kitchen faucets with a pull out head have a check valve and the flow restrictor is usually in the same location as the check valve. Most of the time it will be where the hose screws onto the spray head. Put a zip tie around the hose just above the nut that threads onto the spray head so it doesn’t go back up into the goose neck. A dental tool helps in getting out the flow restrictor and check valve. It’s usually just slides in there and held in place with an o ring. No familiar with Dura so it may be a different system.

Now that sounds like a game plan. So, is the flow restrictor something that fails (if it's any kind of valve function) and can be replaced? Reason I ask, is why would it suddenly be an issue after nearly a year of fine function, unless it somehow "wore out?"

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

Reason I ask, is why would it suddenly be an issue after nearly a year of fine function, unless it somehow "wore out?"
Ours worked fine for about three years then the flow went to almost zero so I had to pull the flow restricter out of the sprayer hose that I referenced in post #2 of this thread.
So to answer you question, I don't think they wear out but may plug up with with minerals from the water.

Peace
Dave

DallasFull-Timer

Ours worked fine for about three years then the flow went to almost zero so I had to pull the flow restricter out of the sprayer hose that I referenced in post #2 of this thread.
So to answer you question, I don't think they wear out but may plug up with with minerals from the water.

Peace
Dave

Ok good to know! I'm gonna check this out when I get home this evening. Thanks y'all!

SLO

Now that sounds like a game plan. So, is the flow restrictor something that fails (if it's any kind of valve function) and can be replaced? Reason I ask, is why would it suddenly be an issue after nearly a year of fine function, unless it somehow "wore out?"

It doesn’t take much sediment to plug a flow restrictor. I would usually just remove the flow restrictor and leave it out. Flow restrictors are a water conserving device. You’re already conserving water in a trailer especially if you dry camp. I usually remove the check valve as well.

DallasFull-Timer

It doesn’t take much sediment to plug a flow restrictor. I would usually just remove the flow restrictor and leave it out. Flow restrictors are a water conserving device. You’re already conserving water in a trailer especially if you dry camp. I usually remove the check valve as well.

Well lemme ask y'all this...

If it were to come down to replacing the faucet altogether, is it important to stick with RV faucets, or would it make more sense (and still be safe) to install a residential grade faucet in accordance to our full-time status?

SLO

Don’t replace with an RV faucet!!! Good residential faucet is best. If you’re going to Home Depot it’s buyer beware. At least with plumbing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rxbristol

Well lemme ask y'all this...

If it were to come down to replacing the faucet altogether, is it important to stick with RV faucets, or would it make more sense (and still be safe) to install a residential grade faucet in accordance to our full-time status?

A lot of RVers have replaced their faucets with residential types. You won't regret it...better flow, finish and function.

DallasFull-Timer

Pricey but this what I would put in my BH if I was replacing the kitchen faucet now. Not motivated to do in my spare time. Cobbler’s shoes syndrome.

https://www.costco.com/Hansgrohe-Talis-M-Pull-Down-Kitchen-Faucet-.product.100339741.html

Dadgum... that's a clean unit, right there :eek:

Well hey y'all, I removed the spray head and hung on to the hose so it wouldn't retract back into the gooseneck and turned on the water to observe it spraying out of the braided hose itself, without the impedance of the head to regulate the stream.

I gotta tell ya, the pressure is even terrible coming straight from the hose without the spray head even attached.

What I expected was quite a powerful jet seeing as though it's unregulated by the spray head. Instead, what I found is that if you hold the hose sideways, it doesn't even have enough pressure to spray across both sink bowls. It just kinda has an arc to it.

So as I back-track from the spray head on up, I'm beginning to slowly eliminate the possible causes of this pressure issue, and apparently it has nothing to do with the spray head itself, or any internal component thereof. It appears as though it must be something at the base, inside the cartridge and gooseneck assembly, that is causing the pressure loss.

I suppose I need to take the whole dang thing apart and investigate?

DallasFull-Timer

Update

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

First off, I'd like to publicly thank SLO for the in-depth phone conversation about my issue. He was most helpful.

So long story short, I was able to confirm that the camper water supply has full pressure under the sink; it's the faucet internals that have apparently failed.

Fast forward to today. I have a nice new residential faucet ready to install; however, how do I get this PEX connector:

20171123_104048.jpg

to fit onto this standard water line connector:

20171123_104204.jpg

Surely there is an adapter available for this conversion? Can anyone provide a link (preferably Home Depot)?

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Based on the pictures you posted, this is the easiest way to convert.

046224029137.jpg

SLO

DallasFull-Timer

Once again, you gentlemen come through in glorious fashion. Thank y'all so much!

New question:

Look at this pic. What in the **** am I supposed to do with the little threaded collar and brass fitting? The pex lines on the faucet already have their own little threaded collars that screw right onto the adapter without the use of the two included pieces. Do I simply not need these two pieces? I'm stumped!

20171124_183527.jpg

...and to answer your observation SLO, yep:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Delta-L...ing-in-Arctic-Stainless-9178-AR-DST/204184513