Intermittent Hydraulics

I have a 2011 Cyclone 3010. It has on board hydraulics for slide outs and front jackets. Pressing switch to for either system will activate motion, but then stall. I can pause and toggle switch and it will then activate again. Knowing that this is happening on two separate circuits makes me think I have a loose wire at the pump. Looking for feedback before I dig in to it.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
I've had the same problem caused by both... lose wires at the pump and failing circuit breaker. The 50amp self resetting circuit breaker is just a few bucks and available at many auto parts stores. I carry spares!

danemayer

First thing to do is check your battery condition. This problem can be caused by an old or weak or poorly charged battery, or by dirty or loose connections at the battery, or by low water in the battery. If that's all ok, you probably have a weak circuit breaker.

You're looking near the battery for a row of 12V DC mini-circuit breakers, covered by a red rubber boot. If you trace the heavy wire from the battery to the row of breakers, you'll see a copper buss bar connecting the breakers. On the other side of the breakers, wires go to the various powered devices. Two of those wires are thicker than the others, as shown in the attached photo. If you closely inspect the 2 breakers for those wires, one will have a teeeeeeenny, tiny reset button. The other breaker is for the hydraulics. You'll want to replace that one.

Attachments

• Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    477.3 KB · Views: 69

NHCelt

My loose wires at the solenoid would result in slides going out but not in. Recrimp the quick connects....they can look attached but be just loose enough.

sengli

I know mine normally works great. But when it cools down the hydraulic fluid becomes thicker, and mine system will trip out occasionally too.

First thing to do is check your battery condition. This problem can be caused by an old or weak or poorly charged battery, or by dirty or loose connections at the battery, or by low water in the battery. If that's all ok, you probably have a weak circuit breaker.

You're looking near the battery for a row of 12V DC mini-circuit breakers, covered by a red rubber boot. If you trace the heavy wire from the battery to the row of breakers, you'll see a copper buss bar connecting the breakers. On the other side of the breakers, wires go to the various powered devices. Two of those wires are thicker than the others, as shown in the attached photo. If you closely inspect the 2 breakers for those wires, one will have a teeeeeeenny, tiny reset button. The other breaker is for the hydraulics. You'll want to replace that one.

Could you tell me what the maximum size breaker would be for the hydraulic pump?

carl.swoyer

Our sliders go out okay, but, the large one stops about 3 times on the way back in. Does anyone have an answer to this problem?
I just had that problem. My dealer stated it was the plombetta,a two way solonoid. About 85 bucks.
I reached out to the forum and opted for the suggestion of changing the 50 amp auto reset breaker for the hydraulic pump. It appears that the problem is solved. I purchased two for $3.65 each. Keeping one as a spare.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I reached out to the forum and opted for the suggestion of changing the 50 amp auto reset breaker for the hydraulic pump. Keeping one as a spare.

I always have a handful of spare breakers in the RV.
Always ready to help out a person in need....like a Boy Scout.

Peace
Dave

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I always have a handful of spare breakers in the RV.
Always ready to help out a person in need....like a Boy Scout.

Peace
Dave

Same here'
I did upgrade mine to a cheap 80amp manual reset breaker from Amazon, and it only helped for a short time before it started tripping all the time. Now I replaced it with a more expensive higher quality 80amp AUTO RESET and it seems to be working good now.

https://www.delcity.net/store/Del-City-Auto-Reset,-Surface-Mount/p_193071.h_194987

carl.swoyer

I have a 2011 Cyclone 3010. It has on board hydraulics for slide outs and front jackets. Pressing switch to for either system will activate motion, but then stall. I can pause and toggle switch and it will then activate again. Knowing that this is happening on two separate circuits makes me think I have a loose wire at the pump. Looking for feedback before I dig in to it.
Common problem.
I just yesterday had to purchase a new 50 amp auto reset breaker. It fixed my problem. I now have a spare and will purchase extras.
On my 2012 Landmark Rushmore fifth wheel it is the second in from the right.
4973f8107417576adb6d06a6dcd32475.jpg