Well...I tapped out this weekend

ricatic

I am working in Minot, ND until December 19th...I was hoping for a moderate fall and wanted to keep living in the
4005...it got cold last week with night time lows in the teens...The Cyclone, fully loaded with all the cold weather equipment, stayed nice and warm but used a bit of propane...

Forecasts of low single digit temps forced my hand...had the 4005 winterized...packed up some stuff and moved into an apartment...miss my home away from home already...but as soon as the weather breaks in April or so...we will be back to the 4005...

Regards

jbeletti

Hey Rick! If you miss the old gal, you can always bring it to the job site and have the crew skirt it with XPS and rent a 100 gal propane tank :)

ricatic

Hey Rick! If you miss the old gal, you can always bring it to the job site and have the crew skirt it with XPS and rent a 100 gal propane tank :)

My carpenters offered to skirt it for me at the RV park if I bought the materials...would have done it but the stay time here is too short...

Regards

AnnaIvanZ

ricatic, we feel your pain. We winterized "Erv" on Sunday and put the cover on yesterday. It's gonna be a LOOONG winter. :p

ricatic

Ah. What are you building? Restaurant?

Yes...Major Remodel Project for McDonalds...the company I work for is a preferred contractor for McD's...they have a deal to remodel stores virtually non-stop until 12/31/19...8 projects already committed for 2018 beginning in February...all in MN, SD and ND...

These remodels are not my strength or passion...ground up work on larger projects is my wheelhouse...but I go where they send me...

Regards

jbeletti

Yes...Major Remodel Project for McDonalds...the company I work for is a preferred contractor for McD's...they have a deal to remodel stores virtually non-stop until 12/31/19...8 projects already committed for 2018 beginning in February...all in MN, SD and ND...

These remodels are not my strength or passion...ground up work on larger projects is my wheelhouse...but I go where they send me...

Regards

Last week while in Iowa, I saw the large McDonalds in both the Webster City and Fort Dodge are being remodeled.

Razorbackfan

USN Chief
Last two I saw remodel they took them down to the slab and built them back up. Not sure I would call it a remodel so much as a new restaurant.

ricatic

Last week while in Iowa, I saw the large McDonalds in both the Webster City and Fort Dodge are being remodeled.

Two summers ago I built the new Thrifty White Pharmacy in Webster City...while simultaneously building another TW in Clear Lake, Iowa...Not surprised that you saw these remodels...McD's is doing so many at a time that materials like brick and tile are in short supply and the furniture mfg is 6 months behind...

sengli

Trying to stay in the really cold weather in these units, you really have to dress warmly. They just dont hold in the heat.

mixie57

What are the details on the XPS skirting? What does it run $? Where can you get it?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You can probably get extruded polystyrene foam sheets found at just about any home building center such as Menards or Home Depot.
Pretty cheap and effective.

Peace
Dave