Please Don't Discontinue the 28DBSS!

WhipCream

So my wife and I are planning on blowing the yearly bonus on a new North Trail in the spring. We had chosen the 28dbss because it's the perfect balance between size and functionality. You get the mega dinette, a longer master so your head doesn't hit the headboard, and the second door to the bathroom. You get all of that in a really easy to maneuver 28' class unit. Combined with the bunkhouse, it's kinda the perfect family model. Hats off to whoever designed it. You deserve a raise!

However, I see now that it is discontinued which bums me out. So from the bottom of my heart, please bring back the 28dbss. If anyone else feels the same, please chime in and let Heartland know.

jimtoo

Hi WhipCream,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

You might call Heartland Customer Service, 574-262-8030 or 877-262-8032, and they could give you the location of a dealer that has one now and maybe you could work something out with them.

Enjoy the forum and hope to see you in a Heartland unit.

Jim M

MCTalley

RV Trader shows quite a few new models of that trailer available all over the country. You could do what we did with our first RV. We were decided upon a particular model and waiting on a bonus to be able to pay for it outright. Every time we'd check back on one we had looked at, it was sold, so we'd have to track down another.

We finally went ahead and financed one at a nearby dealer (I think by this time, the Heartland website was showing "Dealer Stock Only" on our model). We made two payments - the first one and the payoff a month later. Probably only out a couple hundred in interest charges.

If you're really committed to that model, might be worth moving forward and paying it off when the bonus arrives.

jbeletti

WhipCream (who doesn't love that!),

I reached out to Mike Creech, our GM for the NT product and received this response:

There are still a few 28DBSS out on dealers lots. We now make the 24BHS, 26DBSS and 31BHDD. All the same basic set up as the 28DBSS. The 26 is a tad shorter and the 31 a tad longer but all about within 500 lbs of each other. Most buyers were just bypassing the 28 for 26 or 31.

WhipCream

I think the idea of financing one now and paying off in the spring is a really good idea. I assume there will still be some around come spring but you might have a hard time finding one with what you want.

I've definitely looked at the 26dbss and the 31bhdd. I actually really like the 31bhdd but I don't need the 3 additional feet (and additional cost). Also shorter is always better when maneuvering in a park, gas station, or parking lot. As for the 26dbss, I miss the mega dinette and wish the bottom of the queen bed didnt butt up against a wall. I'm 6 ft, so typically after accounting for the rake at the front of the coach, my feet are hanging off the bed a bit so I'd be up against that wall most likely. Sleeping comfortably is a must. So we will see. We need to go see the 31 and 26 in person and then if those are really not quite right, go searching for a good deal on a 28dbss. I really felt like that unit was a sweet spot. I bet you if they added an outdoor kitchen like the 26 and 31 have, it'd sell like hotcakes. Thanks for the responses, BTW. This is a really great site. I hope to be posting on the owner threads soon. :)