SOLVED: Can't get Furnace to come on- Help!

Greggshere

Ok Terry owners, today was the first time I've attempted to turn my furnace on and nothing happens. I turned the tanks on outside and moved the lower lever on the thermostat fully to the right and nothing happens. Am I missing something? Is there a switch somewhere I need to turn on? How do I get some heat? Exact steps would be nice, as none of my paperwork has anything regarding the furnace. Help!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Can't get Furnace to come on- Help!

There are several things that come into play when using your LP furnace.
First, be sure you have propane in your tanks.
When turning the LP on at the tanks it's important to open the valves very slowly.
Be sure you purge the gas line by lighting the burners on your stove.
Your furnace requires 12 volts, DC, to operate. Check the fuses and be sure there is 12 volts at the battery.
If none of the above are out of place then you may have to talk to your dealer.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

Can you post a picture of your thermostat. Also, I know the Terry is relatively small, but do you have more than one thermostat? Maybe one for a fan and one for A/C and furnace.

Greggshere

Here's the pictures of the thermostat and the control panel. I see no switch for the furnace, only the hot water heater. The lever for adjusting the heat is on the bottom, the thing sticking up on the top doesn't move and appears to be solid with the back plate.IMG_1095.jpgIMG_1096.jpgIMG_1099.jpg

Gary521

The top lever in the on/off switch. Move it to the left little for on. Hard to move.

Atwood38453Tstat.jpg

Greggshere

That was it! Thank you Gary! Without any instructions I didn't want to break that lever. It was definitely very hard to move, but the furnace is running beautifully now. Am I supposed to have a window open or anything since I'm running the furnace.

Gary521

Not necessary to have open window. New furnace will smell a bit when first fired up. If it were me, I would replace that stat with a digital one.

BobbyandGenee

Sorry we missed your post. We were in bad signal here at Zion. This heater really pumps out heat. We have it set really low and it heats up the entire unit fast. Glad you got your answers quick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greggshere

Sorry we missed your post. We were in bad signal here at Zion. This heater really pumps out heat. We have it set really low and it heats up the entire unit fast. Glad you got your answers quick!

Thanks!

Greggshere

Not necessary to have open window. New furnace will smell a bit when first fired up. If it were me, I would replace that stat with a digital one.

I assume it needs to be a 12 volt unit for a camper vs. something I can pick up at Lowes?

Greggshere

Bought a digital from Amazon for under $20. Works great and I know what the inside temperature is now. A great purchase!

BobbyandGenee

this is something we want to do also. Can you post the link for the thermostat you got? We want one!

Greggshere

I can't do a link from my phone but type in Honeywell RTH111B1016/E1 - Digital Non-Programmable Thermostat and that's the one I used. There are two wires to hook up. I'm running from memory but I believe I hooked up to G and W and flipped the switch on the inside from the default. This allows it to auto on as required and shut off when the temp is met.

Greggshere

Yes that is the exact one I used.