Picking up a Mallard M26 Tomorrow

emsand1

So after much research, I decided on the 2018 Mallard M26. We're picking it up tomorrow

We currently have a 2003 Jayco Talon ZX Toy Hauler. It fit our needs of allowing us to tow our motorcycles and comfortably sleep our friends and family; however, the master bed situation was horrible. You had to climb thru a cubby-hole to get in and out of bed. Whomever slept by the hole (front person) had it easier. The other person (back person) had to wake up the front person and have them slide away from the hole. The back person would then crawl over the front person and out the hole. My wife is not a drinker but I am so she usually got stuck in the back. I get up 3-4 times a night. Such a pain. No slides. Really small bathroom. It was a basic setup and we got it cheap.

I did a terrible job maintaining it. Something gouged a 2' tear in the roof membrane and before I knew it, we had major leaks, and rotten wood. I patched the spot, replaced some roof, and applied some white roof coat but we still have wall and storage area issues.

I have been looking at campers for the past few years but didn't want to pull the trigger. I was on Facebook last week and an ad for the 2018 Mallard M27 popped up on my feed. It was a great looking rig and under $20k?!?!?!?! I took if for spam but decided to do some research. After comparing the Coleman, Mallard, Keystone, and Jayco lineup, the Mallard kept rising to the top of my list.

So, I met with Kelley at CW Jacksonville and what a great guy!!! Answered all of my questions. Stayed in touch.

While I originally wanted the M27, I decided the M26 was worth the $2k increase. Dedicated bunks, two more feet, larger bathroom with tub, superior entertainment center. And for the price point, the Mallard was visually far more appealing than the other Brands. That front fiberglass cap with the white is just sexy!!!! I can't wait to take her out. My only disappointment is the pull out couch. It sits an inch from the sink cabinet. Using that for sleeping is a last resort since master bedroom occupants can't access the bathroom and back half visitors can't get out.

Congratulations on the Mallard. We picked up our m26 in September and have had it out several times since with no problems. Seems to be a pretty good camper? so far...lol

We bought our 2017 M26 at CW Jax as well. We had a great buying experience there and have been very happy with the camper so far. We have about 2500 miles on it so far and there have been a few little issues, but nothing major. The warranty process is a little bit long and takes some time for the service department to get it approved through Heartland. Enjoy your new M26, we sure have!

emsand1

Not a great start:(

We dropped the RV off at CW on 11/27 to find and fix a major leak around the driver's side front bed area. Haven't made the first payment and we now have an RV that has interior water issues. The interior walls and under storage areas were dry so it must be leaking behind the window and thru the wall. Probably too soon to rot wood. My guess is we'll find that a few years after the warranty runs out.

klp605

We dropped the RV off at CW on 11/27 to find and fix a major leak around the driver's side front bed area. Haven't made the first payment and we now have an RV that has interior water issues. The interior walls and under storage areas were dry so it must be leaking behind the window and thru the wall. Probably too soon to rot wood. My guess is we'll find that a few years after the warranty runs out.

:( Sorry to hear you have a leak. If CW is close to you, you may want to go to their service desk and ask for ALL work order history on your unit. Look over those reports closely. You may find that CW and/or Heartland were aware of the leak but claimed to have remedied it. That is how I found the leak on the first unit we were to purchase.

Sorry to hear about the water leak. At least you caught it early so you shouldn't have to worry about any long term damage. Fortunately, we haven't had any water issues with our M26, (knock on wood). I'veread a lot about brand new rv's with water issues or seals leaking. Wish there was a little more quality control at the factory..Good Luck!!