Hello from CruzTerri w/ new 2018 NT 22FBS

CruzTerri

Hello all, just to introduce myself, I'm Terri aka CruzTerri. Over the last 10 months or so my husband and I have been doing a lot of research. It all started with lets go camping, we did that when we were dating, lets do it again. So we talked pop-up trailers. Boy were they heavier than we thought, at least for what we wanted in one. Then it was well if those are that heavy might as well go with a hard sided unit. So we looked at R-pods, well, those were a bit small. But we could still possibly pull it with my Honda Pilot. Then the discussion morphed to, lets upgrade the Pilot for a truck. Well, if that's the case, maybe look at a larger trailer. Got all the way up to looking at 5th wheels, when we said to each other. Whoa there. We're not full-timing (yet) we have a few more years to work. So we backed on down to a smaller tow behind. Of course, we're checking out the quality, via reviews, online forums and my son, who is a wealth of information.

So round about June we decided we'd wait for the RV Show in Pomona (we're about 1.5 hours away) to look at lots of trailers all at once. Now then Lance builds 'em right in our own backyard, but that price tag whew! So at the show in October, we were looking at the North Trail 26RLSS. Was going to start the paperwork when my son says, ahh mom... No pantry! That's when we took a look at the 22FBS. Wow the counter space and the pantry. Love the rear bathroom too. Ahh the bed is short, but we could do it.

We are now the proud owners of a 2018 North Trail 22FBS great quality at a great price. We've been making modifications to our home to accommodate the storage of the trailer. Final things will be completed after a tree goes dormant so it can be moved out of the way of the access gate. We had a breaker box with a 50 AMP & 30 AMP and 20 AMP outlets installed on that side of the house. And we found we even have a cleanout located on that side of the house that we can use to dump tanks.

Now then, the tow vehicle has yet to be purchased, we're weighing our options. My husband wants me to be able to keep my pilot and he'll trade in his 10 year old Saturn for a truck. Not sure, how that will work. Was planning on trading in the Pilot for the Truck so we still have one payment, but we'll see how things go. We're looking at getting a gas truck as neither of us go more than 4 miles each way to our work destination. A diesel just won't work for us at this time. Yes I know the MPG is lousy, etc, but I think we may go for a 3/4 ton instead of a 1/2 ton.

Wow, ok, enough about me. I'll be looking to join the Club and hopefully we can get to a rally or chapter rally soon.

Terri aka CruzTerri

jbeletti

Hello CruzTerri,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and congratulations on your North Trail purchase.

Join the club right away. It's fast and free. We have a couple of great chapters in CA and even more in the Pacific Region. Hope to meet you at a rally in 2018 and have fun with that North Trail!

'Lil Guy'

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your hew NT22FBS. We thoroughly enjoyed our 21 FBS the short while we had it. With a good weight distribution hitch, a 1/2 ton truck will handle your rig nicely. We pulled ours with a Ram 1500. If you plan on moving up to a larger rig in the near future than a 3/4 ton truck might be the thing. Check out the HOC and hope to meet you down the road.
Again, congrats on your new rig and don't be a stranger to the site.

CruzTerri

Thank you for the warm welcome. Traveling on business this week, but will definitely join the club. Told hubby about the rallies and he's all for attending when our work schedules allow.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

pjones1969

Congratulations, you will find a lot of useful information on this forum.

I have a comment on We had a breaker box with a 50 AMP & 30 AMP and 20 AMP outlets installed on that side of the house.”

Of course I’m assuming you haven’t plugged into yet because of the tree in the way
:)

I’m no expert but please make sure this is wired correctly, some get wired incorrectly because the electrician wires it like a dryer plug, if wired incorrectly it will fry all of your electrical components in a matter of seconds.

https://youtu.be/eg874wwY218

http://noshockzone.org/accidentally-plugging-into-240-volt-outlet/

CruzTerri

We told the electrician what we are going to connect/plug in. He made sure he used the right gage wire, etc. So we're thinking positively, but we won't know for sure until we are able to move it into our RV access.

Thank you for the heads up.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Congrats on the new NT!!

We loved our first one so much that we bought a second NT. Loved that one some much, we moved up to another Heartland.

Enjoy and and safe travels!!