Heat in garage

Flooringit

I've read on lots of threads there's no heat vents in the garage. But in my cyclone 4000. I see a round looking vent with a white vent tube attached to it. Is that not a vent? If it is, it doesn't heat the garage at all lol I'm wondering dryer vent? I can't figure it out.

Lynn1130

I can't speak for others but I have a heat vent in the garage. That is not the problem. The problem is that the furnace is 10 feet or more from the vent opening with a number of vents between them. Little to no heat reaches the garage. Most of us use supplemental heat if it is that cold outside.

- - - Updated - - -

pcardoza

EXACTLY! The heater vent is there, but is absolutely useless. No heat gets back there in my 2014 4100 King either.

I can't speak for others but I have a heat vent in the garage. That is not the problem. The problem is that the furnace is 10 feet or more from the vent opening with a number of vents between them. Little to no heat reaches the garage. Most of us use supplemental heat if it is that cold outside.

- - - Updated - - -

212Pilot

In our 3800 that vent was connected to the furnace with 3" flexible ducting (uninsulated). As others have posted the air cools to the point of no value by the time it gets to the garage. The underbelly is suppose to be heated and mine was not. Whether someone forgot to cut a hole in the ductwork or forgot to install the vent into the underbelly it didn't get done. I cut the 3" flexible duct to the garage and routed it between the water/sewage tanks then blocked off the vent in the garage. The A/C unit in our garage has a heat strip but that is also next to worthless at heating that space. We use a ceramic heater to keep the garage area warm and it works well down to about 0°F.