Future Owners.....a few questions?

mlpeloquin

Well I will add one more thing that we are about to add, a WeBoost. Most of the time we have no problem with connecting the cell phones and we have more than a sufficient data plan. I use my cell phone as a hot spot for my computer. Connection in some areas is spotty at best. We finally talked to a fellow camper in the Rancho Oso park which is in a valley. No cell service and almost no internet in the adult lodge. He has no problem. He works on the road and needs special setup to handle his requirements. WeBoost will take care of ours. He uses WeBoost and a special router setup. He has three ATT, three Verizon, and four Cellular One accounts which his set up uses in parallel? It works for him. He ask what we needed and he said WeBoost only. Best and easy to use and install. Asked around within the park and WeBoost was the the preferred system. I am going to mount the antenna on a fiberglass flag pile as suggested. Otherwise installation is straight forward.

Oregon_Camper

Well I will add one more thing that we are about to add, a WeBoost. Most of the time we have no problem with connecting the cell phones and we have more than a sufficient data plan. I use my cell phone as a hot spot for my computer. Connection in some areas is spotty at best. We finally talked to a fellow camper in the Rancho Oso park which is in a valley. No cell service and almost no internet in the adult lodge. He has no problem. He works on the road and needs special setup to handle his requirements. WeBoost will take care of ours. He uses WeBoost and a special router setup. He has three ATT, three Verizon, and four Cellular One accounts which his set up uses in parallel? It works for him. He ask what we needed and he said WeBoost only. Best and easy to use and install. Asked around within the park and WeBoost was the the preferred system. I am going to mount the antenna on a fiberglass flag pile as suggested. Otherwise installation is straight forward.

Marc...you're killing me. :) :)

We already did a blog/vlog on the Weboost. If you have a few minutes, take a look at the YouTube Video.

https://www.rvwiththetanners.com/si...FinallyA-Cell-Phone-Signal-Booster-that-Works

BTW...the model with the “candy bar” antenna is meant to be used while traveling (trucker…motorhome…etc). It does NOT transmit far for legal reasons on truckers and their radio transponders. You have to place your phone/hotspot on that antenna. (you can see this in action in the video)

The model ending in "-RV" will transmit ~5-20 feet….could be a bit more or less, depending on radio waves around you. Weboost said it will NOT transmit through an RV wall, but you could place by a window and get possible coverage outside.

WeBoost sent me the "Panel Antenna" so I could update our blog with a device that provides better coverage. This one (last link in this message) will cover ~500 square feet and “should” go through RV wall. They recommend mounting it as far away as possible from the outside antenna. Placing by a windows will help with external coverage (if that is important to you)

So, I would recommend the following:

WeBoost Drive 4G-X OTR Signal Booster

AC Power Plug - (device comes with 12v power plug)

10 feet Coaxial Extension Cable

Panel Antenna Upgrade

DirtyMax88

So, I assume you have tried to deal with the dealer in Crofton. They weren't enthusiastic about ordering for us. And they tried to jack up everything we wanted. Final straw was "if you don't buy from us, don't even think about getting service here - we won't talk to you." Hopefully they changed.

No, Leo's in Crofton has not changed. Told us the same thing when we were looking. If you don't purchase it here, don't bother trying to get service ere. The also didn't carry the Landmark line, so we had to go to McGeorge's in Ashland, Va. We got a great price on our Landmark, but after dealing with the for 2 years (at least until our warranty was out) was not worth the money saved.

I also think something to consider if you all plan to keep your future BH for a while, consider the full body paint option. Love the comment about a/c. We only opted for 2 when we ordered ours, and wish sometimes we had 3, heck I'd get 4 if it were possible! :)

kowAlski631

No, Leo's in Crofton has not changed. Told us the same thing when we were looking. If you don't purchase it here, don't bother trying to get service ere. The also didn't carry the Landmark line, so we had to go to McGeorge's in Ashland, Va. We got a great price on our Landmark, but after dealing with the for 2 years (at least until our warranty was out) was not worth the money saved.

I also think something to consider if you all plan to keep your future BH for a while, consider the full body paint option. Love the comment about a/c. We only opted for 2 when we ordered ours, and wish sometimes we had 3, heck I'd get 4 if it were possible! :)

Guess Leo's (thanks for the name - must have blocked it out) doesn't understand that campers talk to each other. Thanks for the validation!!

mlpeloquin

Only Landmarks now come with full body paint. It is no longer an option for the Big Horn.

mlpeloquin

Marc...you're killing me. :) :)

We already did a blog/vlog on the Weboost. If you have a few minutes, take a look at the YouTube Video.

https://www.rvwiththetanners.com/si...FinallyA-Cell-Phone-Signal-Booster-that-Works

BTW...the model with the “candy bar” antenna is meant to be used while traveling (trucker…motorhome…etc). It does NOT transmit far for legal reasons on truckers and their radio transponders. You have to place your phone/hotspot on that antenna. (you can see this in action in the video)

The model ending in "-RV" will transmit ~5-20 feet….could be a bit more or less, depending on radio waves around you. Weboost said it will NOT transmit through an RV wall, but you could place by a window and get possible coverage outside.

WeBoost sent me the "Panel Antenna" so I could update our blog with a device that provides better coverage. This one (last link in this message) will cover ~500 square feet and “should” go through RV wall. They recommend mounting it as far away as possible from the outside antenna. Placing by a windows will help with external coverage (if that is important to you)

So, I would recommend the following:

WeBoost Drive 4G-X OTR Signal Booster

AC Power Plug - (device comes with 12v power plug)

10 feet Coaxial Extension Cable

Panel Antenna Upgrade

Thank you for posting your installation of the WeBoost. It is exactly how I am going to do it. Clean and neat without cutting a hole in the fifth wheel.