Video of latest 2018 Landmark Newport

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
Always loved the Newport model and like some of the changes. I do not like the fact the stairs are standard and not an option not everyone likes them including me and it would keep me from buying a unit if I couldn't switch them out.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Always loved the Newport model and like some of the changes. I do not like the fact the stairs are standard and not an option not everyone likes them including me and it would keep me from buying a unit if I couldn't switch them out.

I recently read someone wondering if they could be removed easily since they wanted to put it on a semi-permanent lot that had a nice wooden deck. I can see that being an issue, if you were to remove the stair system, does the door still have a proper threshold to close properly? And how easily can it be reinstalled, if you decide to move? If the J-wrap is not cut out for traditional steps, I guess you will have very limited choices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

porthole

Retired
When we had the order we deleted these steps. Was not going to work for us.
It would be easier to add them down the road and fill that empty space with the MOR/ryde toolbox now available then to go the opposite way.

RoadJunkie

On the surface it appears the new "standard", rigid, stairs don't appeal to me, but it may be a simple resistance to change. However I just don't see my wife wanting all that dirt, sand and who knows what, landing in the coach. Sure, you can clean the stairs prior to folding, but sometimes it's just not practical to do so; raining, stoping at a rest area, etc. I wonder what Heartland was thinking of?

Mrsfish

I haven't been able to find the answer to this, does the sofa have a pull out bed anymore?

per this video- the answer would be no. Both the sofa and the loveseat have powered recliners. Would not make them compatible with a pullout/foldout bed