Wrinkled wallpaper & removal of chair rail molding

StefanieD

When our RV was built they did a terrible job with the wallpaper. We want to remove the window valances but noticed the wallpaper is all wrinkled all around the window. Has anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it?

Secondly, I would like to remove the plastic chair rail molding but am worried about what is underneath. Has anyone removed it? Was it difficult? Did it damage the wall? I was hoping to add pictures but can’t figure out how to do that from my phone.

Any advice appreciated! Thank you.
Stefanie

mlpeloquin

When our RV was built they did a terrible job with the wallpaper. We want to remove the window valances but noticed the wallpaper is all wrinkled all around the window. Has anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it?

Secondly, I would like to remove the plastic chair rail molding but am worried about what is underneath. Has anyone removed it? Was it difficult? Did it damage the wall? I was hoping to add pictures but can’t figure out how to do that from my phone.

Any advice appreciated! Thank you.
Stefanie

The wallpaper I think is self adhesive. Heat will release/soften the adhesive and allow you to move/flatten it out. You have to be careful not to over heat it. I have a RC airplane iron for putting on plastic sheeting on the planes and can adjust the temperature. It gets into small spaces as well. You will have to release the tension the window is putting on the wallpaper. This means removing/loosing the window fasteners. You got to make sure that you really seal that window back up if the outside frame pulls away from the wall. Close cell window tape is perfect for this.