Home Security Multiple Camera Wireless Video System.

Gaffer

We only use the Mifi. Would that work?

It can use whatever wireless network you use that connects to the internet. (I would not recommend using a rv park or any open wifi, since there are others that could then possibly access your cameras.) You'll add the Blink "sync module" to your wireless network, then add cameras to the "sync module". The "sync module" needs "wired" power. It has a USB plug and wire for power. I use a iPhone USB cube to plug into AC power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

We only use the Mifi. Would that work?

MiFi is just a cute name for WiFi. The general answer is that it will work. More specifically, there are now WiFi devices that support a number of protocols and speeds. MiFi devices, as a general statement, probably don't support the more advanced protocols and higher speeds. But they likely will do fine with these cameras.

However, MiFi usually describes a device that connects to your cellular phone network. If that's what you're talking about, you need to consider how much bandwidth a camera will use, and how much bandwidth your cellular plan provides. If critters walk around within range of your camera all night, automatic alerts and uploads could chew up a lot of bandwidth.

pegmikef

Thanks for the input everybody. After reviewing the various systems and looking at your input and system reviews I decided on the Blink camera system. Their's looked like it was the easiest to set up, is truly wireless (except the sync module requires power), and free cloud storage. Because of the area I want covered, I had to order two systems so I can set up two zones. Right now Blink is running a holiday special. 15% off all orders over $200 and free shipping. This makes them cheaper than Amazon even if you have prime. FWIW the on line discount code is EARLYTHX.