Natchez Trace Parkway

Greengas

Looking for some insight on going the entire 444 miles of this road. Hard to tell from the maps how a 41' 5th wheel would do making the run. So, if you've been on the Natchez Trace Parkway, I'd love some feedback.

Thanks in advance!

KenandKK

Total length of an RV + TV can't exceed 55ft. And watch out for bicycles and motorcycles, they love that road.

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
Our home is less than a half mile off the Natchez Trace as it passes through Tupelo, MS. We pull our Landmark Savannah often on the Trace. Although speed limit is 55 mph, the highway was designed for 70 mph travel. And, it is popular with bikers and motorcyclists, so be aware and share the road. We have traveled almost all of the Trace over the years.
I will give you a couple of tips on things to see. In Tupelo, be sure to visit Elvis's birthplace and museum; that's our famous attraction. Visit Tupelo Hardware in downtown on Main Street where Elvis's Mom bought his first guitar. The folks there will entertain you with the stories and it's a real old fashioned hardware. Just down the street is one of our favorite eateries, Mugshots Bar and Grill; best hamburger we have found. And not far from there is the Tupelo Automobile museum which has one of the great collections in the country. The collection was assembled by Walter Spain who started the local television station. In the museum also are examples of early television equipment that he designed and built himself when he was starting the station.
One of our favorite campgrounds in the area is near the Trace where the Tenn-Tomm waterway crosses the Trace. It is a Corps of Engineers park, Piney Grove which is situated right on Bay Springs lake, a beautiful deep water lake formed by the Dam and Lock on the waterway. You can reserve using Recreation.Gov
Hope you enjoy your travels on the Natchez Trace.
Hogan Cooper

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
I've traveled the entire length of the Trace both north to south and south to north. As long as you meet the length restrictions and watch out for bicyclist and motorcyclist you should have no problems. Beautiful road with tons of attractions nearby. I might add, I've never been on the Trace with my camper. Always rode it on my motorcycle. Just be careful of us bikers out there.

MTPockets

We started the drive a few years ago and discontinued the trip to New Orleans as we were really bored with the scenery. Nothing but trees On both sides. It may have gotten better, but one day of that was too much. We did go to New Orleans, but alt route.

jolar3329

Last time I drove it there was only one gas station on the trace, over 10 years ago. My trailer would not fit under the canopy that goes over the gas pumps.