Favorite Portable Pellet Grill

Rowe53

I have a set of Grill Grates that I purchased about 3 months ago. They are currently on my propane grill at the house but will be moved to the Traeger when camping season starts. I keep one side of the grill with the grates flipped upside down for veggies and fish. I carry a small folding Army table as it is easier to unfold the table than trying to unfold the one set of legs on the grill. It weighs about 63 lb.

View attachment 60508

View attachment 60509
Yummy! Grill Grates is the best.

esscobra

I have the portable Traeger with folding legs and love it- brisket - baked goods - potatoes start and wen almost done throw on sweet corn. squash and ribeyes-
also baked breakfast casserole on it as well as trays of homemade enchiladas- easy to set on edge of cargo bay and fold last set of legs and slide in- but even easier after installing more ryde cargo tray- which alkso holds grill tools and a bucket of pellets

Attachments

• IMG_1290.jpg
    IMG_1290.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1291.jpg
    IMG_1291.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1292.jpg
    IMG_1292.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 43

Fox

I have the portable Traeger with folding legs and love it- brisket - baked goods - potatoes start and wen almost done throw on sweet corn. squash and ribeyes-
also baked breakfast casserole on it as well as trays of homemade enchiladas- easy to set on edge of cargo bay and fold last set of legs and slide in- but even easier after installing more ryde cargo tray- which alkso holds grill tools and a bucket of pellets

My Traeger home smoker has made a mess of the nearby wall, I suspect the same thing will happen to your fifth.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I didn't read every post, so don't know if we ever posted we bought the used Davy Crockett and totally love it! Tony has smoked/grilled all sorts of things on it: port butt, baby back ribs, ribeyes, prime rib roast, chicken wings, sausage, burgers, chocolate chip cookies, brisket, chicken, t-bones, and hotdogs -- all have come out wonderful!! It's very portable, the handle turns into the legs, but we prefer setting it on our aluminum collapsible camp table.

bdf50962f359ff823d868a1c31314312.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Yesterday’s creation...

Traeger fired apple crisp. Mom’s recipe done on the Traeger instead of in the oven

7b0704ed9fceb9fd0eefa815ac77abaf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pegmikef

Now that I have gotten used to my Traeger Scout, I like it and now carry it instead of my Traeger Tailgater. Granted, the tailgater is better, but it is heavier and takes up more space in the basement. As long as I can do ribs, brisket, chicken, burgers and poppers, I'm fine with it. At home of course we use one of the bigger ones.

Qaltoveb

I carry the Green Mountain Davy Crockett in the camper and have a Rec-Tec on the porch at home. Love them both. Rec-Tec's customer service is second to none!

I love Green Mountain Davy Crockett, had it for years and no complaints at all.

This is a great family size smoker. Our first meals produced some of the best smoked meats I have ever tasted. Our friends think my neighbor and I are smoking pros. :eek: