Favorite Portable Pellet Grill

jbeletti

Looks good, we’ve used cast iron for street corn, grilled onions and mushrooms and a few other things.

We’re on a stuffed jalapeño kick now, found doing them whole and upright works best for our preference, Academy has a SS rack that comes with a corer and works well. We clean them out, add a piece of string cheese and fill in the voids with softened cream cheese, wrap a piece of bacon around the top and put on until the bottom tips are burnt, recently added some small shrimp to the mix and on the very top, they went fast at the campground, I got 1 out of 24

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yum - those sound good.

coltsdad

Texas-North Chapter Leaders-Retired
Yall are killing me! After reading through this I couldn't stand it any longer and pulled the trigger on a RT-340.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Yall are killing me! After reading through this I couldn't stand it any longer and pulled the trigger on a RT-340.
You won't be sorry.
Now you have to accessorize.
Frog mats, searing plates, bottom shelf, etc.

Peace
Dave

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We may have a deal working for a slightly used GMG Davey Crockett. Owner wants to move up to a Traeger. Will have to wait for some pics before pulling trigger.

pjones1969

Heck Yeah Jason!!

Looks like the Tyler Rally will have some pellet smoker specialties this year!!

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Are you saying the WiFi controller also has Bluetooth? I didn’t know that.

Cooked a nice fillet of Sockeye Salmon on my Mini last night. Yum :)

I may not have my terminology correct. The smoker and the app need wifi actually. Since the update my smoker and app will not chat with each other. I am going to smoke a bacon explosion this weekend. Have you tried Spam yet?

jbeletti

Hmm, good idea, sounds like supper on the Rec Tec tonight.

Peace
Dave

Yum - I'd eat that! And I just had Spam for breakfast today.

I do remember having hickory smoked flavor Spam when we visited the Spam Museum during a MN rally many years back. Loved it!

Dave - we must do this in Wisconsin!

jbeletti

I may not have my terminology correct. The smoker and the app need wifi actually. Since the update my smoker and app will not chat with each other. I am going to smoke a bacon explosion this weekend. Have you tried Spam yet?

I don't know what a bacon explosion is or what rally this year I'll see you at - but please blow the place up with this bacon explosion. I'll be there with a catcher's mitt :)

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
I don't know what a bacon explosion is or what rally this year I'll see you at - but please blow the place up with this bacon explosion. I'll be there with a catcher's mitt :)

Smoke that spam!! I plan to do a bacon explosion at the CO rally. If you are bringing your mitt I may make two!

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Anyone ever do thick slices of sandwich bologna?

jbeletti

Anyone ever do thick slices of sandwich bologna?

Lyle - yes!

Alf, Cookie and I did it during the 2017 Goshen pre-rally. It was a huge one - 14# if I recall correctly. Lou Dick picked it up for me at a meat market somewhere in Indiana on his way to Goshen.

Then at the 2018 Texas Sweetheart Rally, I did two 5# chubs. I scored them both, then slathered them with yellow mustard as a binder, then seasoned with a pork rib rub. I smoked them for about 2 hours. Then I sliced into 1/2" slices and pan fried them in bacon grease. Then I quartered them, put a piece on a slider bun and wrapped in foil. I ended up with about 50 of them nestled in a Nesco roaster and served them as our potluck item.

I liked them :)

Among other items, Alf, Cookie and I plan to smoke a few chubs at the WI rally this August.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Well, since we're talking about cooks on our favorite pellet grills, here is a little something I did in a cast iron skillet on mine this morning.
8adaf81a2ab007c951feb3d31f2f1249.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Tony and I purchased a slightly used Green Mountain Grill Davey Crockett from my boss last week. It has been well cared for, and included the grill cover and tote bag and half a hopper full of pellets. Some might say we got a "smokin' deal" on it.

He's not had a chance to tinker with it just yet, but looking forward to joining the pellet-heads!