Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh my! Your post begs of a recipe share

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Oh my! Your post begs of a recipe share

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Steak cut about 1/4” thick
Per lb of meat, mix together (approximately)
1 cup teriyaki sauce
3 or 4 tbls of pepper
Couple tbls of brown sugar
Marinate overnight (I vacuum sealed it)
Before placing on grill remove excess liquid by patting dry
Fire up the Traeger, set to smoke
Smoke 5-6 hrs
I used a pellet packed smoke tube for additional smoke

Enjoy it John....

Oldelevatorman

Just bought the GMG ‘Davy Crockett’ pellet grill. Will use it tomorrow for the first time for a Tri-tip!

travelin2

c12a37d818062e9469ff430880304bc6.jpg

I prefer my beef sticks to be red'ish.

What does that mean???

So you like your food laced with pink salt and sodium nitrate...really?

Or do you like it to still moo while you chew?!?!?

travelin2

b7647474fb1c36bb060aa27eff096548.jpg

Put some smoke to a pan of Amish made scrapple the other day. Adds some flavor and aroma.

Fox

Traegered Ribeye Roasts; smoked five hours / cooked to an internal temp of 130*. Rested 30 min, served.
U'm u'm good!

Attachments

• small1.jpg
    small1.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 45
  • small2.jpg
    small2.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 45

Fox

I do like my (34"?) Traeger Pro but now wish I had purchased the smaller size smoker. If/when Traeger makes one that's truly portable (under 40 pounds) then I'll purchase it for camping; otherwise I'll cook multiple units at home and freeze them for later consumption.

Here it is two years ago, relatively new and nice and clean; it now shows that it's getting lots of use.

Attachments

• small1.jpg
    small1.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 47
New owner here, late to the party as usual. In all of this thread, I have not seen anybody refer to using Grillgrates. Here is a link to their website, www.grillgrate.com.
These will convert any pellet smoker into a grill in seconds. I have been using a Davy Crockett and grillgrates for a couple years now. Great for hamburgers, or anything that requires searing.

Chris and Carol
2019 Bighorn 3160LE

Oldelevatorman

I do like my (34"?) Traeger Pro but now wish I had purchased the smaller size smoker. If/when Traeger makes one that's truly portable (under 40 pounds) then I'll purchase it for camping; otherwise I'll cook multiple units at home and freeze them for later consumption.

Here it is two years ago, relatively new and nice and clean; it now shows that it's getting lots of use.

Neighbor behind us here at the park has the portable Traeger, under 40#, looks about the same size as my Davy Crockett. The legs fold down and it can roll on wheels it looks like! Saw them at Ace Hardware here in Tucson!

Mark-Roberta 051995

I have a set of Grill Grates that I purchased about 3 months ago. They are currently on my propane grill at the house but will be moved to the Traeger when camping season starts. I keep one side of the grill with the grates flipped upside down for veggies and fish. I carry a small folding Army table as it is easier to unfold the table than trying to unfold the one set of legs on the grill. It weighs about 63 lb.

IMG_4848.JPG

9009AF71-CF05-411B-9FA9-1AAB01246CE4.JPG