Newport Cable TV hook up

roswald

Taking "Portia" out for the first time today--headed to St. Augustine, FL.

Want to be sure about external cable connection in the UDC. Am I correct that I would attach incoming cable to the left terminal on the far left pair of connectors above the water connectors? There are 2 pair of connectors/terminals

Rich

roswald

Cannot find the interior jumper that needs to be taken off when using cable

Anyone know where it is?

Thanks

Rich

danemayer

Cannot find the interior jumper that needs to be taken off when using cable

Anyone know where it is?

Thanks

Rich
The interior jumper is used with the bedroom TV and on most floor plans is in the closet, at the off door side. There are also some cabinet locations near the TV.

roswald

The interior jumper is used with the bedroom TV and on most floor plans is in the closet, at the off door side. There are also some cabinet locations near the TV.

thanks again--still get nothing but a bad picture--cable guy coming this morning--maybe some setting in the set.

SNOKING

Yep, did that too—several times

will report on what final outcome is when have it figured out

You are connecting the cable input in UDC to the cable connection on the right hand wall vs the sat connections on the back wall? Chris

roswald

You are connecting the cable input in UDC to the cable connection on the right hand wall vs the sat connections on the back wall? Chris

chris

made that error initially but corrected it

turns out the cable wiring in coach is the issue

dropped back at dealer thos afternoon

several other minor issues found on the shake down cruise

SNOKING

chris

made that error initially but corrected it

turns out the cable wiring in coach is the issue

dropped back at dealer thos afternoon

several other minor issues found on the shake down cruise

Many have found coax cables that go from TV LM slide into the frame rail pulled apart. You carefully try to pull them out to check the connectors and barrel adapter. Some fine that they are no longer connected. Also all coax connections on the back side of face plates should be checked of tightness.

I have one of these tools. http://www.techtoolsupply.com/Produ...5r4b6ECuFgqnyPA22vIDkkGDhqH1KZg4aApvoEALw_wcB

Chris

roswald

Many have found coax cable that go from TV LM slide into the frame rail pulled apart. You carefully try to pull them out to check the connectors and barrel adapter. Some fine that they are no longer connected. Chris

Chris

good info

thanks

I ran into the same issue when I purchased my Gateway PTB3700. I remove junction box cover behind the main (living room). And determined that someone over tightened the cable in connection. It was no longer attached to main board. This caused a bad connection coming in to the rig from cable connector outside.

Can anyone lead me in the right direction to get this part?

Attachments

• IMG_20180521_213445949.jpg
    IMG_20180521_213445949.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20180418_062240.jpg
    IMG_20180418_062240.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20180527_152045534.jpg
    IMG_20180527_152045534.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20180527_152110216.jpg
    IMG_20180527_152110216.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 25

danemayer

I ran into the same issue when I purchased my Gateway PTB3700. I remove junction box cover behind the main (living room). And determined that someone over tightened the cable in connection. It was no longer attached to main board. This caused a bad connection coming in to the rig from cable connector outside.

Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Ask for the parts dep't. Have your VIN # ready.

SNOKING

Are you saying the guy that use to install OEM oil filters on Cummins engines that go in RAM trucks in now installing coax in Heartland trailers? Chris

smithwarnar

Now that we have installed an antenna, bought a streaming box and added, say, Netflix and Hulu subscriptions, we have replaced most of what cable TV provides for $16 a month and $200-$400 in upfront costs