New User Guide - Hydraulic Slide Out Starts and Stops

danemayer

Updated the guide to discuss the difference between the pump's HP rating and the pump's demand for power, and also noted that holding the slideout button depressed after the slide reaches end of travel is likely to trip the breaker and may lead to weakening of the breaker.

Version 1.1 is in the HUG - Heartland User Guide section of the forum.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thanks Dan for this detailed explanation. We have one button that operates 4 slides at once. I am sure this causes quite a load on the pump, and thus the breaker. This summer we replaced our 50amp with another 50 amp, and at the same time replaced our batteries with 2 new larger AGM batteries. Since then far we have not had the breaker trip. A true test will be in the winter months, when the hydraulics tend to operate more sluggishly.

pegmikef

Thanks Dan for keeping all that stuff up to date. I know it is a lot of work, but it really helps a lot of us out and saves us a lot of bucks too.

donr827

Would be nice if the factory would put a flyer into the customer paperwork package explaining what the Owners Forum is AND mention the HUG great information. If they are doing it now owners need to read it.
Don

jbeletti

Would be nice if the factory would put a flyer into the customer paperwork package explaining what the Owners Forum is AND mention the HUG great information. If they are doing it now owners need to read it.
Don

Don - we have been doing this for many years. There's been a 1-page flyer with forum on one side and club on the other side. This flyer was included in the blue bag. Then a couple years ago, this process was updated where the flyer changed to a door hanger piece with a tear-off response card that was hung on a cabinet door.

Trouble is two-fold:
1. Some dealers would discard these items as advertising/propaganda as they do with other interior decals when they ready the coach for delivery.
2. Some plants would run-out of flyer stock and until they got more inventory, some number of coaches got out without the flyers.

At this time, we're redesigning this flyer and how/where it's placed. Pretty sure we'll stick to the Club/Forum format and I like your idea of mentioning HUG. I'd even consider expanding it to HOM (Heartland Owners Manuals).

Thanks for the feedback!