Curious

rdgt67

I have been on this forum since 08 and wonder why threads i post get moved then i cant find them plus others similar in nature dont get moved. Wonder why?

danemayer

Hi Pat and Debbie,

Threads get moved if they're started in the wrong sub-forum. The software automatically redirects for about a week. So if you return in a week or less, you should find your thread regardless of where it is located.

Why does it matter which sub-forum a thread goes in? In the future, if someone is browsing for answers to a problem, they won't pick randomly; they'll look in an applicable area. So if you post about a water heater problem in the electrical sub-forum, that thread would never be found in the future.

This thread is being moved because it has nothing to do with Landmarks, the sub-forum you chose.

oldelmer1

Interesting, when I start a post, I usually try to put it into the correct sub-forum, but when I go to ACTIVE POSTS looking for what you all have posted for me, I cant find my post.

I end up having to go to my profile, then to MY ACTIVITY to find my post.

jbeletti

Tom - by "Active Posts", do you mean "What's New"? the way the forum software works is that a post you make is not new to you and will not appear in "your" What's New until someone replies to it.

oldelmer1

Hi Jim, when I go into the forum, I click on FORUMS, ACTIVE TOPICS, SINCE LAST VISIT. Any new topic that I have started never showsup in the list, even when others have replied to it.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Instead of clicking on Since Last Visit, try clicking on Last Week.
Since Last Visit will not show your latest post only posts after your last visit.

Peace
Dave