Construction details question

dave10a

I am not shopping for a new unit, but I can't find much detail information as to how the Big Horn is constructed. So I have some questions.

Does it use Adzel or luan for the sidewalls?
How is the flooring constructed?
How is the roof constructed and what materials are used?
How are the frame and walls constructed and what materials are used?
What type of insulation and vapor backing is used in the walls, flooring and roof?
Is MorRide 4000 or independent suspension available?
Do the suspension springs use brass and grease zerks?
Are heavy duty shackles used or available?
What pin box is used and what are the options and possible factory upgrades?
What brand of tires are available?
Is solar pre-wired available?
Is satellite pre-wired and what quality of cabling is used?
Is there a water filter installed?
What type of appliances are installed and is there an upgrade to 2k watt inverter/100amp charger?
Are the running lights and interior lighting LED?
Are there extra spare circuit breakers available for AC/DC future expansion?
Is the wiring multiplexed?
Is the slide control separate for each slide?
What TV and sound options are available?

Thanks for any information that can be provided.

jbeletti

Updated replies for Bighorn

Dave,

See my replies inline below to some of your questions. Kindly download and review this document for answers to several others. All of my answers are "to the best of my knowledge" and as always, products are "subject to change". I also invite you to reach out to our BH team at 877-262-8032 and they can answer all your questions.

I am not shopping for a new unit, but I can't find much detail information as to how the Big Horn is constructed. So I have some questions.

I have not heard that we're using Azdel in BH.

Laminated and vacuum bonded.

What type of insulation and vapor backing is used in the walls, flooring and roof?

Sailun is standard. Unsure of upgrade to Goodyear.

Yes. Prewired for a roof-mount satellite dish with 2 coax cables and a data cable for a Winegard brand dish. Then, 2 coax input jacks in docking center for ground-mount/portable satellite dish. Cable is swept to at least 2 gHz.

What type of appliances are installed and is there an upgrade to 2k watt inverter/100amp charger?
Furrion stove, oven and microwave. Insignia refer. (all subject to change). No inverter upgrades offered but easy dealer installed option.

Generally - no AC breakers open. Often, 1 to 3 DC fuse locations open. Most dealer can add an AC sub-panel if needed.

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)

Dave, If you are not shopping for a new unit then why do you need this information. I think that
most of the issues and options you ask about are listed on the Heartland website. Randy

jbeletti

Dave - it was just pointed out to me that I made a mistake when replying to your post. I looked at your current rig, a Landmark and completely missed that you asked about Bighorn construction.

My initial replies in some cases were then, inaccurate and have now been corrected. I apologize. Please consider contacting Heartland on Monday to speak with the Bighorn team (877-262-8032) and they will answer all your questions.

dave10a

Dave - it was just pointed out to me that I made a mistake when replying to your post. I looked at your current rig, a Landmark and completely missed that you asked about Bighorn construction.

My initial replies in some cases were then, inaccurate and have now been corrected. I apologize. Please consider contacting Heartland on Monday to speak with the Bighorn team (877-262-8032) and they will answer all your questions.

Thanks for your reply. I would be interested in the new Land Mark, but the new models are too heavy for a F350 SRW, but some of the Big Horns can fit the F350 SRW specs. I am shopping for a new unit that will fit. For some reason Heartland makes it difficult to evaluate its construction in the detail I am looking for. Maybe a factory visit is in the cards. As turns out many RV manufactures are within an hour drive of each other and I could find a week to visit them.

Bones

Jim does that mean the landmark is constructed differently?