Theater Seats in 2016 Bighorn 3585

rmathews

Hello,
We have needed to replace both theater seats under warranty in our Bighorn 3585 for heating problems.
Now we both dislike the comfort level of the powered recliners, and looking to replace with manual recliners - possibly from Lazy Boy.
Our backs start aching after sitting in these chairs.

Anyone else have these "comfort" issues with the powered recliners?
Anyone else with the 3585 model replaced these with Lazy Boy recliners? If so - what model recliner?

These powered recliners will be going out the door soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oregon_Camper

Sorry to hear that...:(

Our Theater Seats are very comfortable....easy (really easy) to fall asleep in while watching a movie. :cool:

ORV1980

Sherman
Hello,
We have needed to replace both theater seats under warranty in our Bighorn 3585 for heating problems.
Now we both dislike the comfort level of the powered recliners, and looking to replace with manual recliners - possibly from Lazy Boy.
Our backs start aching after sitting in these chairs.

Anyone else have these "comfort" issues with the powered recliners?
Anyone else with the 3585 model replaced these with Lazy Boy recliners? If so - what model recliner?

These powered recliners will be going out the door soon.

We are also dissatisfied we the comfort level of the powered theater seating in our 2017 Newport. We are not happy with the hide-abed either. It could be because we are of 'average' height. People who are taller seem to like this furniture.

We are looking at Lazy Boy for replacements and have heard that other people have chosen Lazy Boy but do not have a model that they went with.

I will follow this thread, hopefully somebody will respond with suggested replacements.
First I need to find someone that wants our current furniture.

Paradise2

We are totally happy with our theater seats and our couch....I have read of people putting in Lazy boys....

ORV1980

Sherman
After reading the various threads on furniture I have not seen anybody address getting the old furniture out. Is the door wide enough to get the couch and theater seats out without taking a chainsaw to them?

Oregon_Camper

After reading the various threads on furniture I have not seen anybody address getting the old furniture out. Is the door wide enough to get the couch and theater seats out without taking a chainsaw to them?

They come apart, which would make taking it out the door a bit easier.

rmathews

I just purchased a nice leather dual reclining love seat from Costco - and installed in the Bighorn.
Love the new seat.

Now I'm going to sell the powered theater seats.

I have a two electrical theater seats on my 2017 bighorn 4970RD and one is not working, no power on the command lights.
I check the power supply and interchange cables with the good working theater seat but still not working. Any idea what I can do to fix this?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have a two electrical theater seats on my 2017 bighorn 4970RD and one is not working, no power on the command lights.
I check the power supply and interchange cables with the good working theater seat but still not working. Any idea what I can do to fix this?
I've had some issues when new. What I found is that the pins on the plugs under the seats were pushed back in their plastic housing and therefore did not make contact.
It was an easy fix to pull the pins back into position.
Look under the back side of the chairs, pull each plug and check the pins.

Peace
Dave