ATF: Cyclone - 2017 Cyclone CY3611 JS HD Tire Wear

MillerTime802

Since purchasing my 5th wheel last August 2016, we've pulled from home Frisco Tx to Orlando Florida, S. Padre Island TX, Denver Colorado, Moab Utah, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, San Diego CA......and our last trip last week back to S. Padre Island TX. I inspected my tires, which are wearing fantastic w/ a bit of inside tire wear on all tires, but nothing to hardly speak about.

When we returned yesterday 11.26.17, the driver's side rear tire had extreme inside tire wear (see photos). The remainder of the 3 tires have wear consistent with middle to outside wear on the tire pictured. I didn't hit anything, except for normal highway paving irregularities resulting in some bouncing around a bit. Tire pressure was 110 psi, cold. I had a golf cart in the garage with a few other items, about 5 gals of fuel in the gas tanks, and no water or waste in the storage tanks.

Can you assist me in knowing why the tire wore to this depth in a 1,000 mile round trip? And, what I need to check to stop the excessive wear.

Attachments

• IMG_5691.jpg
    IMG_5691.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_5690.jpg
    IMG_5690.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 53

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Don't rule out anything....perhaps loose lug nuts, worn shackles, wheel bearing wear or adjustment, a brake dragging?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Some good advice from Neale. Jack that baby up and check out the bearings.
Use your Level Up or jack on the frame.

Peace
Dave