Adding additional tie downs in garage

bobca1

I am planning to order a beast rack for securing motorcycles in the garage, the rack attaches to floor tie downs allowing it to be easily removed. I have a stacked washer dryer that prevents me from using the front most tie downs, so I am thinking of installing more tie downs about 30" back directly behind the washer. This would give me 7.5 feet of space from front of chocks to rear door. Has anyone else here installed additional tie downs in your garage, if so how are the tie downs secured, do the screws go into frame or some other bracing under the floor? If I move back approx 2ft in line with other tie downs and drill will I hit the frame underneath to properly secure?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

bobca1

I am planning to order a beast rack for securing motorcycles in the garage, the rack attaches to floor tie downs allowing it to be easily removed. I have a stacked washer dryer that prevents me from using the front most tie downs, so I am thinking of installing more tie downs about 30" back directly behind the washer. This would give me 7.5 feet of space from front of chocks to rear door. Has anyone else here installed additional tie downs in your garage, if so how are the tie downs secured, do the screws go into frame or some other bracing under the floor? If I move back approx 2ft in line with other tie downs and drill will I hit the frame underneath to properly secure?

Here is a diagram I just made that shows where I would like to put additional tie downs. And is there a recommendation for what brand tie down to use?
2caddb2c511ae1931049c91f3de7169d.jpg

avvidclif

Get underneath and look is all I can suggest. You have fuel tanks and other stuff back there, somewhere.

porthole

Retired
I might have added a tie down or two, look here for an example.

Your existing tie downs use self tapping screws that drill through the floor and into the steel cross member under the deck.

- - - Updated - - -

The floor is supposed to be 1" of plywood, and the deck is fairly well secured to the frame.

When I was bolting down my motorcycle chocks I just through bolted through the plywood and used large washers on the under side.

Lou_and_Bette

I might have added a tie down or two, look here for an example.

Your existing tie downs use self tapping screws that drill through the floor and into the steel cross member under the deck.

- - - Updated - - -

The floor is supposed to be 1" of plywood, and the deck is fairly well secured to the frame.

When I was bolting down my motorcycle chocks I just through bolted through the plywood and used large washers on the under side.

Same thing I did on the RW... I looked underneath before I drilled

bobca1

Thanks for replies and suggestions. It was easy to check underneath and see the frame running front to back. So additional tie downs can be installed anywhere on the same line as existing, exactly what I needed to do. Even with fuel tanks back there the frame is visible from underneath. I put two new tie downs 27" back from garage door allowing me to install beast rack right behind washer/dryer.
a71fab31f3dc1b4960e2aafc7f28824d.jpg
18b68c642b2c11901c236354825da252.jpg
bace28e29e6f8844574affbfb8389cd4.jpg
0141c2783b2c30bacb81c86e4bd91075.jpg

CarterKraft

Looks good, still plenty of room for misc BS.

I always liked that style of bike mount, just wished they had the bike shoe style mounts (spudbilt).