Lippert Tongue Jack

Jarmuszd

Hello all, I'm a new user and was taking my new North Trail to store for the winter. I hitched up the trailer, retracted the jack, did a safety walk around and all went well. I got to my storage location and wanted to unhitch my trailer when the tongue jack had no power. I went back home to access the manual on the internet. I found I can manually extend the jack which is good, but I still have no power to the jack? The manual indicates there is a fuse under the cover. The cover has 4 small ports that are very long. I attempted to try using a phillip's and standard screw driver but could not reach? Has anyone had this issue? Has anyone taken the cover off the jack and replaced the fuse? If so how do I access? Also, am I voiding the warranty by doing this myself? I'd rather fix then dragging my trailer back to the dealer. Any help will be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks

Doug

danemayer

Hello all, I'm a new user and was taking my new North Trail to store for the winter. I hitched up the trailer, retracted the jack, did a safety walk around and all went well. I got to my storage location and wanted to unhitch my trailer when the tongue jack had no power. I went back home to access the manual on the internet. I found I can manually extend the jack which is good, but I still have no power to the jack? The manual indicates there is a fuse under the cover. The cover has 4 small ports that are very long. I attempted to try using a phillip's and standard screw driver but could not reach? Has anyone had this issue? Has anyone taken the cover off the jack and replaced the fuse? If so how do I access? Also, am I voiding the warranty by doing this myself? I'd rather fix then dragging my trailer back to the dealer. Any help will be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks

Doug

Hi Jarmuszd,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's a pretty good chance that someone knows exactly how to deal with this problem and will jump in with the answer shortly.

justafordguy

The fuse for the power jack on my pioneer wasn't under a cover on the jack. It was on the wire under the cover for the battery box. Take a look are the wire from the jack where it hooks to the battery and see if there is an inline fuse.