For those not happy with their Couch and/or Recliners

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I can sleep like a baby on Vicodin on the couch in our Prowler . . .

But sitting on it?

Not very comfortable . . .

The recliners are even worse.

I’m thinking about getting a double theater chair to replace the recliners, but the couch I haven’t investigated yet.

Hogladyrider

PLEASE any RVr looking to replace their furniture take a look at Best Home Furnishings, they have a fantastic website, can be purchased thru your local furniture stores.

We found them from another posting here on the Owner's Forum and we ordered two space saver power recliners with power head rests and we couldn't be happier. They are MUCH better quality than Lazyboy and so comfortable.

Know your measurements! Best even has measurements on their website and over 800 fabric selections.

Safe travels and best wishes on your replacement furniture!

Susan

pegmikef

The look nice, but I like and armrest for each arm. We replaced ours with swivel recliners from Haverty's (needed swivel capability as we have rear entertainment).

MCTalley

We replaced our theater seating unit with a powered unit from Flexsteel. About $2k, but well worth it. Fit exactly in the same space as the one we removed (which we consigned for $500).

Mark-Roberta 051995

In one of our other campers we replaced 2 small rockers with a reclining loverseat (due to size) but one thing we were told when we went residential is the weight. The reason being the furniture is in a slide and the factory told us no more than 400 lbs. (for that particluer unit).
Is that a concern on anyones units that have replaced the cheap RV furniture to residential?

Thanks,

Mark

rmckee6

In one of our other campers we replaced 2 small rockers with a reclining loverseat (due to size) but one thing we were told when we went residential is the weight. The reason being the furniture is in a slide and the factory told us no more than 400 lbs. (for that particluer unit).
Is that a concern on anyones units that have replaced the cheap RV furniture to residential?

Thanks,

Mark

How do I find out what the max recommended weight is for the slide? Where can I get this information so I can shop for furniture that is the correct weight?

danemayer

How do I find out what the max recommended weight is for the slide? Where can I get this information so I can shop for furniture that is the correct weight?

I've never heard of a weight spec for slide rooms. But I would think that any furniture you can get into the RV would be ok. Just stay away from solid gold thrones and the like.;)

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I've never heard of a weight spec for slide rooms. But I would think that any furniture you can get into the RV would be ok. Just stay away from solid gold thrones and the like.;)

Dan...

Now I've got to cancel that amazon order for the Golden Throne... :eek:
Oh wait...that was for the new Thetford Gold I've got coming! :p

DOH! :eek:
Really I don't...I just made that up... :rolleyes:

Sorry! :cool:

- - - Updated - - -

I found a Stratolounger 1 1/2 recliner at Big Lots that I'm going to pick up as soon as I find another Big Lots.

Maybe next week in Albuquerque!

I'll have a couple of these RV recliners available cheap at the rally if I find my new chair!

'Lil Guy'

Thanks,

Mark

I can't recollect the last time I bought a 400# sofa or two recliners for our home. I don't believe you could add 400 #s of furniture in a slide.

The sofa bed in My Bighorn 5th wheel is old and very tacky looking. I want to replace it with a new one. But the burning question is. How do I get it through the door??? I am totally new to 5th wheels and RV.s so pardon my inexperience. I am learning.
A LOT:mad:

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
The sofa bed in My Bighorn 5th wheel is old and very tacky looking. I want to replace it with a new one. But the burning question is. How do I get it through the door??? I am totally new to 5th wheels and RV.s so pardon my inexperience. I am learning.
A LOT:mad:

The backs come off of most recliners and then its a cinch. We removed our recliners without having to remove the backs, just had to flip them sideways to get them through the door and then we replaced them with electric theater seating and the backs were able to come off of that and it comes apart in two separate pieces making it snap to get through the door as well.

Rod