ATF: North Country - Removing Shower Unit process

maldam

We wish to replace our Shower Unit with a bathtub, which includes a shower. We need to remove the current shower enclosure. It has a metal frame and glass sides. It's triangular.

I think we remove the shower door first ? There is a U shaped piece of metal which goes all the way around the top. Does this come off first ? Then what ?

We shall also take away the cupboard in the corner to allow room for a 46" long tub.

Anything we should be aware of in doing this alteration ?

Any recommendations for type of wall board we should use. e.g. FRP ?

Thanks.

maldam

How much weight can my trailer take safely ? For example, if I install a 4' X 2' tank and fill it with water up to a depth of 1', then that is 8 cubic feet of water. Now water, I'm told weighs 62lbs per cubic foot. So that works out to 496 lbs spread over 8' sq feet, or 62lbs per square foot. Is that too much ?

Thanks

M.T.

Jim828

Then there is the weight of the person. It's all going to depend on the bracing underneath the unit. Could get fairly complicated.

maldam

Then there is the weight of the person. It's all going to depend on the bracing underneath the unit. Could get fairly complicated.

You are correct. So in total, I'm looking at about 85lbs/sq.ft. I'm thinking this will be too much. I'm going to phone the factory on Monday.

Thanks for your input.

Mac