In 24 Hours.....

jhardin

Wife and I spent all day looking at Landmarks. I think we are about to pull the trigger on a 2018 Oshkosh. I sure would appreciate feedback on it ( Pro's and Con's ). If you happen to own one, how ya like it.
Thanks,
Jerry

richheck

Seasoned Member
Owned a 2017 Arlington for a year and a half, love it. Had a couple of small issues and a Heartland has been great in taking care of these issues, couldn’t be happier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

jbeletti

Jerry,

I don't have an Oshkosh but it's currently a popular floor plan. Wishing you all the best.

pegmikef

I have a Bighorn, but have looked at the Oshkosh and it has a nice floor plan. I yours is as dependable as my BH has for the last 4 1/2 years, you will love it. My BH has never been to the shop except for routine maintenance (e.g., wheel bearings, tires, etc.). All the problems were minor "ankle biters" and I fixed them myself. Good luck with your purchase.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We've had our Oshkosh for about 6 weeks now and love it! A few little glitches but nothing major! It's about the same length as our prior Landmark Grand Canyon, so that's not

gfnesbitt

We purchased our Oshkosh in September. We love it. Having said that, here are some issues we had that you might run into we did not catch at PDI:
If you have a washer dryer installed, remove the left panel under the bed and make sure the flexible drain hose is secure and does not get pinched when the slide opens. Open and close both slides several times. Check the inverter with shore power disconnected and make sure your fridge runs off the batteries for at least an hour without tripping the GFCI on the inverter. Our Dyson vacuum was mounted in the slide where the washer dryer goes. There is no outlet to plug it into when the washer dryer is installed. Our ice maker feed line leaked behind the fridge. The fittings were too tight. We did not catch this at PDI. If you get slide toppers make sure they are centered. All of ours were way off center. We had some “minor” water leaks. Remove all the basement panels and tighten all the 1/2 “ fittings. We missed the one at the water heater. Took me a while to find it. The pocket door in the bathroom did not recess all the way. The factory put a screw in the track to prevent it from recessing. The dealer took out the door (easy to do) and the factory had tie wrapped electrical wires to the wrong side of the wall so they put a screw in the track to keep the door from hitting the wires instead of moving the tie wrap. This was our 6th travel trailer over the years and second 5th wheel. When we went to the PDI. I did not expect to drive it home. It took the dealer over a week to fix the other cosmetic issues. Right now all is well. PM me if need be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

...If you get slide toppers make sure they are centered. All of ours were way off center. We had some “minor” water leaks...

Did Heartland put your slide toppers on or was this a dealer added option? If it was Heartland, please send me some pictures if you have them as I want to make sure the plant has that feedback (admin@heartlandowners.org).

Oldelevatorman

We've had a'17 Newport since March. Traveled cross country and back and it was a great trip. Our first fifth wheel and we're loving it. A good PDI and a good dealer is a must. Good luck and hopefully welcome to the LM 365 family!

gfnesbitt

Here are some pics. Ever topper but the small one is too far to the left.
62e9be70ccf8be4bde799afdd2298092.jpg
9f81b24907c2b675528c70cfea33f82c.jpg
c75a7530a07a6bccaef729ba266a76ba.jpg

HOOKERUP

We also have a 2017 OshKosh with the slide toppers installed. Installed by dealer, Mechanic that did install said that to have any strength had to be installed a certain way. I never had any problems. RV is at friends house for awhile, when I get over there I will take some photos.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Unless there is a reason why they mounted the awning farther to one side, ie possible interference with another wall mounted awning arm, you should be able to slide the awning over to where you want it.
Two screws on each end at the roller tube side and one in the awning track on the wall.

Peace
Dave