EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MO, St. Charles - 8/16/2018 to 8/19/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddanke01

​We are looking forward to attending and meeting you all! Our first time. [QUaOTE=Larry and Gayle;573565]

Venue:
------------------------------

Details:
  • Number of sites held: 20
  • Register by end of day 7/1/2018
  • Site fee: $$43.00 per night during the rally per night.
  • Club Member Event fee:
  • Non-Heartland Brand fee: $20.00
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: August 18
  • Potluck time: TBA

Attendees:

1. Larry and Gayle Kuykendall (1095) 8/12/2018 - 8/19/2018
2. CE and Jackie Miller (1149)
3. Ed and Debbie Hoefler (1544)
4. Jesse and Julia Suess (3892) (coming for visit)
5. Steve and Mary Wilson (2268)
6. Joe and Ann Maxwell (2352) 8/12/2018-8/19/2018
7. Larry and Mary Oberbeck (2072) 8/13/2018 - 8/19/2018
8. Corbin and Flora Tayloe (1990) 8/15/2018 - 8/20/2018
9. Dave and Donna Williams (2828) 8/13/2018-8/20/2018
10. Dave and Nancy Seabolt (2225) 8/13/2018-8/20/2018
11. Neil and Sharon Weiss (1044) 8/16/2018-
12. Mike and Nancy Nilsen (4512)
13. Tom and Debbie Fouts (4591) 8/16/2018-8/20/2018
14. Bradley and Toya Black (4126)
15. Dan and Sue Margiotta (4739)
16. Dave and Colleen Dankenbring (3810)
17. Roy and Sally Evans (1736) 8/13/18-9/20/18
18. Lin and Debbie Ballard 8/13/18-8/20/18
19. Bob Curry and Trevor 8/13/2018-8/20/18

Anheuser-Busch Tour and Lunch: Cost is $10.00 per person for tour. Lunch on your own at biergarten after tour.
1. Gayle and Larry Kuykendall
2. Ed and Debbie Hoefler
3. Steve and Mary Wilson
4. Joe and Ann Maxwell
5. Corbin and Flora Tayloe
6. Mike and Nancy Nilsen
7. Tom and Debbie Fouts
9. Dave and Colleen Dankenbring
10. Roy and Sally Evans
11. Dave and Nancy Seabolt
12. Lin and Debbie Ballard
13. Dan and Sue Margiotta
14. David and Donna Williams
15. Larry and Maryanne Oberbeck

Additional Info:
This park is located in the historic town of St. Charles. This city served as the final embarkation point of the Lewis and Clark Expedition in 1804. The main street has many historical buildings, small shops, and restaurants. Also during the time of our rally, The Festival of the Little Hills will be going on in St. Charles. It is there biggest festival with over 300 vendors. Because of this festival the cut-off time for registration is June 1 so if you are planning on coming please register by then or sites may not be available

Agenda:
Agenda is a work in progress.

Thursday
8:00-10:00 AM Coffee and Pastries
10:00AM to ??? RV Open Houses--If you wish to open your RV up for tours
RV "Garage Sale"--bring any items you wish to sell and set up by your RV
6:00 PM: Happy Hour at clubhouse. Bring your favorite beverage and an appetizer to share.
Games to follow for those who wish to participate

Friday:
10:10 AM: Anheuser-Busch Brewery for Brewery tour. Cost $10.00 per person. This is the "Bud Light" tour. Highlights of tour are Budweiser Clydesdale Paddock and stables, Aging cellar, Brewhouse, and packaging area. Tour should be over at 11:25 so you will have time to sample some beer in the Biergarten before heading off to lunch.
12:30: Lunch: Hodak's@ http://hodaks.com. This restaurant is famous for it's chicken and is very near the Brewery. Has many other things on menu
2:00 PM: Frozen custard at the world famous Ted Drewes.http://teddrewes.com

For those of you who do not want to go on Brewery tour, you can join us for lunch or frozen custard if you wish. If not, there are many sightseeing opportunities in the area for you to explore.

6:00 PM: Hot Dogs, Chips, and Ice Cream.
If you are not totally exhausted from the day's activities the Festival of the Little Hills starts tonight in downtown St. Charles. You may drive on your own or take the shuttle to the festivities. Information on shuttle services will be given out on Thursday evening at Happy Hour.

Saturday
8:00-10:00 AM: Coffee and pastries

This day is open for you to explore the many area attractions or go to the Festival of the Little Hills in Old town St. Charles. Shuttle service is available.
6:00 PM Pot Luck in clubhouse. Club to furnish meat (brisket and pulled pork) and table service. Bring you own drinks and dish to share.
Games and or fellowship to follow. 50/50 drawing tonight

Sunday
8:00 AM Coffe and pastries. Stay to visit or grab and go[/QUOTE]

Larry and Gayle

retired Missouri Chapter Leaders
Hi Everyone,
I called the Brewery today to book the tour which they told me to do 1 week in advance. What they didn't tell me before was that I had to pay for the tour in advance. So, I didn't do that because I need to be sure of numbers before I do that. So, I am going to wait until next week when I am sure of who wants to attend then I will try to book again. It is possible that we may not be able to go as a group if they don't have enough slots available. The person I talked to several weeks ago says they could take up to 45 but the one I talked to today said 30.

Gayle

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I just posted the pictures I took at Anheuser-Busch Brewery on my dropbox. If you are interested in the photos you may click on the link below and view/download the photos. If you have any questions please feel free to let me know.

Anheuser-Busch Brewery

BC

BTW the attendees list is up on the dropbox..
I also will load photos I take here at the rally as well...

Last edited:

Netem

Thanks Larry and Gayle for a great rally, good seeing old friends and making new ones. Thanks Bob for the pictures.

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
Thank you Larry & Gayle for a fun rally! It was great meeting new friends and seeing old ones.

Thanks Bob for the pics!

Safe travels!

Nancy
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hoefler

I wanted to give a shout out to Larry & Gayle, & Steve & Marry and the rest of the gang for an unbelievable experience. Hope to see everyone again in the future.

Ed & Deb

ddanke01

Thank you, Gayle and Larry, for all your hard work! The rally, our first, was great! Loved meeting you all and you each made us feel so welcome!

Hope to see you soon. God bless!

Colleen and Dave Dankenbring

ps
I found our Heartland name tags,etc Sunday morning! As usual great timing.

Larry and Gayle

Thanks Jim. We did have a lot of fun. Had 6 first time state rally attendees. They really seemed to enjoy so hopefully will be back again. Our rally's are small but that does allow us to really get to know everyone.

QUOTE=jbeletti;599742]Larry & Gayle - sounds like you guys had a fun rally. Thank you for all you do for your chapter![/QUOTE]

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you. We loved getting to know you and glad you had fun. Hope to see you guys again. That is funny about the name tags. Sounds like something I would do. Enjoy the Bahamas and Tahoe. I'm jealous especially about the beach time.

Gayle
Thank you, Gayle and Larry, for all your hard work! The rally, our first, was great! Loved meeting you all and you each made us feel so welcome!

Hope to see you soon. God bless!

Colleen and Dave Dankenbring

ps
I found our Heartland name tags,etc Sunday morning! As usual great timing.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you so much. We had a great time with you guys. Hope to see you again beings we live close to one another. Thank you for helping out Mike and Nancy with their rig. That is what the Heartland family does for one another. We are sure sorry you had previous bad experience--glad this one was better.

Larry and Gayle
I wanted to give a shout out to Larry & Gayle, & Steve & Marry and the rest of the gang for an unbelievable experience. Hope to see everyone again in the future.

Ed & Deb

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for coming 11,000 miles to our rally. As always had a great time with you guys. Although the Mexican Train night was way past my bedtime! Safe travels to you as you make you final leg to home.

Larry and Gayle

Thank you Larry & Gayle for a fun rally! It was great meeting new friends and seeing old ones.

Thanks Bob for the pics!

Safe travels!

Nancy
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you!! Great to have you guys at our rally and bringing some friends. We sure enjoyed our time with you guys and for the chance to get to know you better and Augie too. Hope we will be able to accommodate work schedules so you will be able to join us again.

Larry and Gayle

Thanks Larry and Gayle for a great rally, good seeing old friends and making new ones. Thanks Bob for the pictures.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you so much for helping us out at the rally by taking pictures for us. Always nice to spend some time with you and Trevor and Ruby is always a focal point of the rally. Fun night of Mexican Train and I will remember the next time to let you know when it is your turn;)

Larry and Gayle

I just posted the pictures I took at Anheuser-Busch Brewery on my dropbox. If you are interested in the photos you may click on the link below and view/download the photos. If you have any questions please feel free to let me know.

Anheuser-Busch Brewery

BC

BTW the attendees list is up on the dropbox..
I also will load photos I take here at the rally as well...

Santanilson

Illinois Chapter Leaders-Retired
Many thanks go out to Larry And Gayle for a superb rally and also to the attendees which pretty much shows that although we arrive as strangers, we leave as friends. With Nancy and I working to secure a truck for the rest of our journeys, the support felt by everyone made it well worth the search. When we did find that truck, the outpouring of help with the tools and knowledge to get it ready to move on down the road was fantastic. Again, thank you all many times over for the warm welcome and the wonderful memories we left with, Safe Travels till we meet again!

smoothie

Our extreme gratitude goes out to Larry and Gayle for hosting an outstanding event. They have a way of making everyone feel like family. We enjoyed seeing everyone and meeting new people. A hearty thank you to Bob for the wonderful pictures. We are already looking forward to the next time we are able to get together. Travel safe!!!!

ddanke01

Thanks, Bob, for the great pictures!

QUOTE=ddanke01;598676]​We are looking forward to attending and meeting you all! Our first time. [QUaOTE=Larry and Gayle;573565]

Venue:

Details:
  • Number of sites held: 20
  • Register by end of day 7/1/2018
  • Site fee: $$43.00 per night during the rally per night.
  • Club Member Event fee:
  • Non-Heartland Brand fee: $20.00
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: August 18
  • Potluck time: TBA

Attendees:

1. Larry and Gayle Kuykendall (1095) 8/12/2018 - 8/19/2018
2. CE and Jackie Miller (1149)
3. Ed and Debbie Hoefler (1544)
4. Jesse and Julia Suess (3892) (coming for visit)
5. Steve and Mary Wilson (2268)
6. Joe and Ann Maxwell (2352) 8/12/2018-8/19/2018
7. Larry and Mary Oberbeck (2072) 8/13/2018 - 8/19/2018
8. Corbin and Flora Tayloe (1990) 8/15/2018 - 8/20/2018
9. Dave and Donna Williams (2828) 8/13/2018-8/20/2018
10. Dave and Nancy Seabolt (2225) 8/13/2018-8/20/2018
11. Neil and Sharon Weiss (1044) 8/16/2018-
12. Mike and Nancy Nilsen (4512)
13. Tom and Debbie Fouts (4591) 8/16/2018-8/20/2018
14. Bradley and Toya Black (4126)
15. Dan and Sue Margiotta (4739)
16. Dave and Colleen Dankenbring (3810)
17. Roy and Sally Evans (1736) 8/13/18-9/20/18
18. Lin and Debbie Ballard 8/13/18-8/20/18
19. Bob Curry and Trevor 8/13/2018-8/20/18

Anheuser-Busch Tour and Lunch: Cost is $10.00 per person for tour. Lunch on your own at biergarten after tour.
1. Gayle and Larry Kuykendall
2. Ed and Debbie Hoefler
3. Steve and Mary Wilson
4. Joe and Ann Maxwell
5. Corbin and Flora Tayloe
6. Mike and Nancy Nilsen
7. Tom and Debbie Fouts
9. Dave and Colleen Dankenbring
10. Roy and Sally Evans
11. Dave and Nancy Seabolt
12. Lin and Debbie Ballard
13. Dan and Sue Margiotta
14. David and Donna Williams
15. Larry and Maryanne Oberbeck

Additional Info:
This park is located in the historic town of St. Charles. This city served as the final embarkation point of the Lewis and Clark Expedition in 1804. The main street has many historical buildings, small shops, and restaurants. Also during the time of our rally, The Festival of the Little Hills will be going on in St. Charles. It is there biggest festival with over 300 vendors. Because of this festival the cut-off time for registration is June 1 so if you are planning on coming please register by then or sites may not be available

Agenda:
Agenda is a work in progress.

Thursday
8:00-10:00 AM Coffee and Pastries
10:00AM to ??? RV Open Houses--If you wish to open your RV up for tours
RV "Garage Sale"--bring any items you wish to sell and set up by your RV
6:00 PM: Happy Hour at clubhouse. Bring your favorite beverage and an appetizer to share.
Games to follow for those who wish to participate

Friday:
10:10 AM: Anheuser-Busch Brewery for Brewery tour. Cost $10.00 per person. This is the "Bud Light" tour. Highlights of tour are Budweiser Clydesdale Paddock and stables, Aging cellar, Brewhouse, and packaging area. Tour should be over at 11:25 so you will have time to sample some beer in the Biergarten before heading off to lunch.
12:30: Lunch: Hodak's@ http://hodaks.com. This restaurant is famous for it's chicken and is very near the Brewery. Has many other things on menu
2:00 PM: Frozen custard at the world famous Ted Drewes.http://teddrewes.com

For those of you who do not want to go on Brewery tour, you can join us for lunch or frozen custard if you wish. If not, there are many sightseeing opportunities in the area for you to explore.

6:00 PM: Hot Dogs, Chips, and Ice Cream.
If you are not totally exhausted from the day's activities the Festival of the Little Hills starts tonight in downtown St. Charles. You may drive on your own or take the shuttle to the festivities. Information on shuttle services will be given out on Thursday evening at Happy Hour.

Saturday
8:00-10:00 AM: Coffee and pastries

This day is open for you to explore the many area attractions or go to the Festival of the Little Hills in Old town St. Charles. Shuttle service is available.
6:00 PM Pot Luck in clubhouse. Club to furnish meat (brisket and pulled pork) and table service. Bring you own drinks and dish to share.
Games and or fellowship to follow. 50/50 drawing tonight

Sunday
8:00 AM Coffe and pastries. Stay to visit or grab and go[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Larry and Gayle

Thank you so much! Glad you had a good time. Hope to see you soon.

Larry and Gayle
Our extreme gratitude goes out to Larry and Gayle for hosting an outstanding event. They have a way of making everyone feel like family. We enjoyed seeing everyone and meeting new people. A hearty thank you to Bob for the wonderful pictures. We are already looking forward to the next time we are able to get together. Travel safe!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you! We really enjoyed our time together. Thank you so much for the recommendations on Friday. We are already thinking about our next trip to Hodak's. So glad you guys found a new truck. See you down the road.

Larry and Gayle

Many thanks go out to Larry And Gayle for a superb rally and also to the attendees which pretty much shows that although we arrive as strangers, we leave as friends. With Nancy and I working to secure a truck for the rest of our journeys, the support felt by everyone made it well worth the search. When we did find that truck, the outpouring of help with the tools and knowledge to get it ready to move on down the road was fantastic. Again, thank you all many times over for the warm welcome and the wonderful memories we left with, Safe Travels till we meet again!

Status
Not open for further replies.