ATF: Road Warrior - White switch plate under controls

JoeAmy

Can someone tell me what the white switch plate with red lit switch is for?
Also, I am trying for the first time to turn on my furnace without any success. Advise please

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Does look like a home style wall plate with a "RED" rocker switch?? If so, it is more than likely the electric side {120V} of the water heater. Never turn on the switch unless the water heater tank is full of water.

LBR

During our 2017 CY PDI, we were told the red lite switch was for the hot water heater...it isn't. Ours is for the Yeti package pads under the tanks.

212Pilot

I thinks it depends on the year your RoadWarrior was built. Our Cyclone has the same type of switch setup. If your control panel has water heater switches for Propane and Electric, and you have a switch labeled Yeti, then the red switch below the control panel should be for the holding tank heating pads. These pads require 110V AC to operate. On our Cyclone the heating pad manufacturer info indicated the pads are thermostatically controlled based on outside temperature and pad temperature. I have read on this forum that other brands may not be and you have to be sure to have some fluid in the tanks when you turn them on.

PondSkum

In my RW it's a black switch plate with Red switch. We have the Yeti Package and that switch is supposed to be for the holding tank heaters. There's also a switch labeled "Yeti Pack", which should be for the water line heaters.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, in my RW, the furnace is only controlled by the thermostat in the bedroom. Set it to "Furnace" setting and the furnace should come on after a few seconds. If the fan also starts on the rooftop A/C, you will need to turn it to Fan, and set the fan to Auto, then switch to Furnace.

I have 3 thermostats, and they all have a furnace setting, but it only works by using the bedroom t-stat.