MPG by Cruiser RV vs MPG by Heartland RV

jbeletti

Recently, I've learned that there are some owners of the MPG product by Cruiser RV, wanting to join the Heartland Owners Club. MPG by Cruiser RV does not qualify to join the Heartland Owners Club.

Allow me to explain by providing some background information.

In early 2010, Heartland RVs began to produce a teardrop-style, very small travel trailer under the MPG brand. This product was marketed for the 2011 and 2012 model years, then production of the brand was discontinued.

A number of years later, THOR Industries, parent of Heartland RVs, purchased DRV, CRV and Bison and brought them under the management of Heartland RVs. Sometime later, the MPG brand name was moved over to CRV (Cruiser RV). CRV developed the MPG into a non-teardrop style, large format travel trailer, thus resurrecting the brand name but under a different manufacturer.

Heartland RVs manufactures a number of RVs under a host of brand names. All brands listed on www.heartlandrvs.com qualify to join the Heartland Owners Club. As the MPG by Cruiser RV is not listed on www.heartlandrvs.com, this product is not eligible to join the Heartland Owners Club. Likewise, brands by DRV and Bison are not eligible to join the Heartland Owners Club.

My hope here is to give owners of MPG by Cruiser RV, a better understanding of the lineage of the MPG brand name, the transfer of that name to another manufacturer and clear understanding of how the Heartland Owners Club determines what Heartland brands qualify for membership.