Making the wife Happy!

jerryjay11

When my wife smacked her head on an overhead cabinet door she asked me to fix it. Very easy to install. My cabinet doors height are 10" so I measured 3/4" down from the hinge side and 7/8" from the right edge. Removing the doors and drilling pilot holes made is easier and prevented cracking the wood. After mounting the strut to the doors with the 2 short screws I reinstalled them, swung the bottom of the strut down with door full open and drilled another pilot hole for the long screw. Yes it does come with the screws required to complete the job. Happy Wife Now!

P.S. I decided I'd post how they were installed because there aren't any instructions included and I've read other camper owners ask how to do it.

Attachments

• cabinet 1.jpg
    cabinet 1.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 224
  • cabinet 2.jpg
    cabinet 2.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:

HOGHAULER

When my wife smacked her head on an overhead cabinet door she asked me to fix it. Very easy to install. My cabinet doors height are 10" so I measured 3/4" down from the hinge side and 7/8" from the right edge. Removing the doors and drilling pilot holes made is easier and prevented cracking the wood. After mounting the strut to the doors with the 2 short screws I reinstalled them, swung the bottom of the strut down with door full open and drilled another pilot hole for the long screw. Yes it does come with the screws required to complete the job. Happy Wife Now!

Can you post link to where you purchased and part number. Thank you Good job

avvidclif

The bottom of the cabinets in my Cyclone are 72" off the floor. No head banging there. I guess she would need a step stool though. GRIN

jerryjay11

Can you post link to where you purchased and part number. Thank you Good job

Wasn't in any rush so I ordered these from Camping World, though you may be able to find them by Googling Mfg Part #: H277 or 6.25" Plastic Spring Loaded Cabinet Support

CW info.
Cat# 49541 6.25" Plastic Spring Loaded Cabinet Support (2 per package with required screws)

jerryjay11

The bottom of the cabinets in my Cyclone are 72" off the floor. No head banging there. I guess she would need a step stool though. GRIN

The wife is just 5 foot and does use a stool or kneels on the couch to reach the cabinets that are 57" from floor.

jerryjay11

Ok, at 5' how did she hit her head???

"The wife is just 5 foot and does use a stool or kneels on the couch to reach"

She opens cabinet door, rummages through cabinet with door partially open, and smack! Now the doors are open to the max. She doesn't have to hold with one hand and reach with the other.

Power247

Nice job! I did the same to our upper cabinets over the couch as well as the upper cabinet in the outdoor kitchen.

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310