ATF: Bighorn - Measuring for Cover

jimzdaugh

I am trying to buy a cover for my 2015 Bighorn 3160el 5th wheel. Trailer Specs say it is 35 ft 10 inches long, but measuring from tip of front cap to back of ladder, I get 37 ft 7 inches.

Are the trailer specs measured differently? If so, how are trailer specs measured?

I am trying to avoid buying the wrong length cover and having to exchange it and pay a restock fee.

Lynn1130

Mine says 35' and it is actually 37' 6" so what you are told is not actually what it might be.

jimzdaugh

Mine says 35' and it is actually 37' 6" so what you are told is not actually what it might be.

Thanks for replying. I think they measure for the specs from the center of the kingpin to the back of the trailer which is much different to the cover measurements. I have just about decided not to get the cover anyway because of so many negative reviews and comments about them rubbing on the unit. The decals used in later models can be kept looking nice and I'll use the roof treatments to keep it in order.

Thanks again,

Jim D

Gaffer

Look at Calmark. They have detailed instructions for measuring your trailer to get a good fit and the door opening where it needs to be.

CoveredWagon

I have a 3720 RS (same size as yours) and bought an Adco for a 34’1” to 37’ Rv. Fits just fine .

You’re welcome ��

emery395

I always read posts concerning covers because I’m still in a quandary as to getting a cover for my new cyclone 4005. Pros and cons have me confused.

If I decide on cover do I have to get one specifically for my model with 3 ACs?

CoveredWagon

92DC7DC1-EA60-4F0E-8FAE-45397D9B257E.jpg
I always read posts concerning covers because I’m still in a quandary as to getting a cover for my new cyclone 4005. Pros and cons have me confused.

If I decide on cover do I have to get one specifically for my model with 3 ACs?

I can’t swear to anything, but ours has two ac s and vents with covers and that seems to make no difference. Actually they hold the cover off the roof a bit, which to my way of thinking adds to good ventilation under the cover.

KrazyKampers

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-Retired
We have a 2016 3160 EL and just bought the Adco cover from Amazon that fits a rig 34 to 37 ft. It fits perfectly!
dd80201b757d75aeb4579a48a929cb89.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk