Miswired Speaker Zones in Mallard

cruzin101

Just quick fyi- I took delivery of my Mallard M27 yesterday. Everything was demo'd well. I guess due to the other noises in the area i never noticed how my speakers were wired. Zone 1 had one speaker indoors and 1 speaker outdoors. Zone 2 was the same. I assume this was just wired incorrectly and corrected the issue myself ensuring zone 1 and zone 2 were inside \outside with right and left speakers in each zone. Glad I noticed before we sent camping and disturbed the neighbors. :)

jerryjay11

Just quick fyi- I took delivery of my Mallard M27 yesterday. Everything was demo'd well. I guess due to the other noises in the area i never noticed how my speakers were wired. Zone 1 had one speaker indoors and 1 speaker outdoors. Zone 2 was the same. I assume this was just wired incorrectly and corrected the issue myself ensuring zone 1 and zone 2 were inside \outside with right and left speakers in each zone. Glad I noticed before we sent camping and disturbed the neighbors. :)

Had the same problem with our new 2018 Pioneer and took care of it myself. I also had to deploy the wire type antenna to get any reception as it was rolled up behind the radio.

Last edited by a moderator:

cruzin101

Had the same problem with our new 2018 Pioneer and took care of it myself. I also had to deploy the wire type antenna to get any reception as it was rolled up behind the radio.

I noticed that as well. I kinda blew it off since I plan to BT most of the time. How did you deploy the wire antenna?

jerryjay11

I noticed that as well. I kinda blew it off since I plan to BT most of the time. How did you deploy the wire antenna?

Since the TV is located above the radio I simply drilled a hole in the cabinet back-right corner and deployed the antenna with push-pins around the top edge of the TV compartment. The TV covers it enough not to be a distraction.TV.jpg

Last edited:

cruzin101

Since the TV is located above the radio I simply drilled a hole in the cabinet back-right corner and deployed the antenna with push-pins around the top edge of the TV compartment. The TV covers it enough not to be a distraction.

Thanks! I'm going to give that a shot as well. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !!

tdclark

My pioneer is wired this way too. I'd like to fix it but not sure how to get into it. Does the faceplate trim piece just pop off? I dont want to force it and break something.

Dadio

jerryjay11

The trim pops off and then there will be 4 screws that hold the stereo in place. What I did was to remove all the speaker wires then just used one set of the stereo speaker wires to test each set of speaker wire, one set at a time. I ID'd them with a piece of tape and then shut of one zone to find which wires from the stereo were for each zone. Took a it of trial and error but not Zone 1 is inside and Zone 2 is outside. I also had to unravel the antenna wire and deploy it through a hole I drilled in the cabinet so it could be tacked to the cabinet wall around the TV.

tdclark

My pioneer is wired this way too. I'd like to fix it but not sure how to get into it. Does the faceplate trim piece just pop off? I dont want to force it and break something.

Dadio

cruzin101

Dadio
My faceplate popped of and there are 4 screw wick hold the audio player in. You can do a quick google on the model number + removal to be sure