Frameless windows

gpshemi

Anyone notice when shopping that only the low end toyhaulers are still using the cheap dirt collecting framed windows?

Everyone else, Voltage, Raptor, Momentum, Vengeance, Seismic, Venom, Fuzion, XLR, Spartan...they all use frameless now. When is Heartland going to conceed and start using them too.

danemayer

I believe the product manager has previously explained that he is sticking with the older style window because they allow better airflow. When boondocking, as many people do with toy haulers, the airflow is very important.

BLR

That is one reason why we went with the Cyclone.. we have friends that have the frameless and they complain about lack of air flow when we are out boondocking.(furbabies). we live fulltime in our TH with 7 cats & 1 dog. We can leave the windows open and get enough cross flow that it keeps them comfortable.. the ones with frameless have to leave the suitcase generator with a fan running..

Sent from BLR Logistics

gpshemi

Obviously not when the vast majority of offerings has moved on to them. Heartland use to say they stopped making outdoor entertainment areas because no one wanted them too. Now it seems all the rage. At the very least, as a product manager, you should recognize the trend and make it an option. Bet a buck that more would sell with frameless than the wobbly aluminum ones.

RoadJunkie

still using the cheap dirt collecting framed windows?

I would just blow the frames off with a leaf blower. Having owned both framed & frameless windows, I like the framed windows better for airflow. If you like the style of the frameless windows, then I would buy an SOB that includes them. After all, it’s your money, your choice.

BLR

Leaf blower is a wife's best friend...lol.. with 7 cats, 1dog and all the dust of living in the desert, we just open up the patio doors and blow the garage out.. including SxS, all screens, window tracks & bunks.

Not sure but can you get dual panes with frameless??.. We have the dual panes and we had to have a window replaced, well they replaced it with single pane.. what a difference dual panes make.. looking forward to having the single pane replaced when we get back to Oregon this summer..
And the added benefit is all the cross flow breeze on those warm days..
526a538ae2e64d6fce3f8aaeaee58c6b.jpg

Sent from BLR Logistics

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
We have the choice to go to the frameless windows, but we choose not to. This decision was really cemented when camping next to my friends motorhome that had frameless windows and my Cyclone that had the Max vent framed windows. The Cyclone had amazing ventilation while the motorhome got really hot and muggy when the windows were open. The frameless windows look better, but the max vent windows are much more functional. At shows when I get asked this question I ask the customer do you wear your high heals and get dressed up when you go camping? The typical response is no because that would not be very practical, and I usually respond with but you look better wearing them, but when your camping functionality is more important than looks so you choose not to dress up and wear uncomfortable clothing and usually the light goes off. Max Vent framed windows have a lot more features than the frameless windows.
1. 2 x the sealing surface area to reduce chances of leaks
2. 2/3 more ventilation actually allows you to use windows on nice days
3. If window is broken a framed window can be repaired quickly at any glass shop, bonded windows need to replace the entire window which would need to be ordered through a dealer and typically take 3-4 weeks minimum to have repaired (probably 8 weeks in peak season) .
4. Frameless windows do not shut tight, if you see a large frameless window simply take a couple fingers and pull the bottom corner of the windows (they will pull out usually 2-3"). If it is that easy to pull out with two fingers imagine what is happening when you are driving 60-70 mph down the highway. That is why a lot of motorhomes whistle so bad during transport because the frameless windows are letting air in (or water depending on conditions).

thanks,

AJ Jones

only the low end toyhaulers

Everyone else, Voltage, Raptor, Momentum, Vengeance, Seismic, Venom, Fuzion, XLR, Spartan...they all use frameless now. When is Heartland going to conceed and start using them too.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around that I have a LOW END toy hauler, WOW I had no idea.

porthole

Retired
4. Frameless windows do not shut tight, if you see a large frameless window simply take a couple fingers and pull the bottom corner of the windows (they will pull out usually 2-3"). If it is that easy to pull out with two fingers imagine what is happening when you are driving 60-70 mph down the highway. That is why a lot of motorhomes whistle so bad during transport because the frameless windows are letting air in (or water depending on conditions).

So all the Landmarks and Bighorns have easy to break-in, leaky, drafty windows?

I can attest to framed windows on our Cyclone that leak quite well when the rain is coming down hard and the wind is blowing.
Enough so to keep the washer dryer running almost continuously.

Bones

So all the Landmarks and Bighorns have easy to break-in, leaky, drafty windows?

I can attest to framed windows on our Cyclone that leak quite well when the rain is coming down hard and the wind is blowing.
Enough so to keep the washer dryer running almost continuously.

Yes. That's how they broke into our camper. Pulled the window right out. If they made the frame less window with a heavier attachment point they would be more secure

What the dealer didn't tell you? I wish we had the framed windows. It is near impossible to get a breeze with these frame-less ones. But they do look nice...

OOOO I know about the windows and like them. As our last RV was a windjammer with frame-less ones no cross breeze at all.

I just thought Cyclone was a top of the line NOT a LOW END RV LOL, some people.

Daley07

The Steps to Installing a Frameless RV Window: First, remove the RV window. Look at your RV window and check the location of the screws that secure it to the RV wall. Ensure you use the correct screwdriver to loosen and remove the fasteners from their slots. The window seal should also come off when removing the old RV window, you might have to scrape the rubber seal from the perimeter. Verify the fit of the frameless window into the hole before installing it. Ensure the exterior window flange does not overlap while providing an exceptional seal to the RV’s sidewall. Prepare the frameless window, then install it. Ensure the trim’s correct alignment before fastening the corner screws.

Last edited:

CoveredWagon

Obviously not when the vast majority of offerings has moved on to them. Heartland use to say they stopped making outdoor entertainment areas because no one wanted them too. Now it seems all the rage. At the very least, as a product manager, you should recognize the trend and make it an option. Bet a buck that more would sell with frameless than the wobbly aluminum ones.
Not to mention disc breaks on the larger trailers I.e. Bighorn, Big Country etc. Oh and how about an opening window over the stove. Yeah yeah I know,wind will blow the flame out.