Cyclone 4018 Specs, Garage measurements

DonChaffin

Im looking to upgrade from a 2007 HL CY-3975 to a CY-4018.

I haven’t had much luck finding the dimensions for the garage interior height and width measurements.

What is the height to the bottom of beds/seats in the garage when raised up?
I’m looking to upgrade due to needing more room to haul two ATV’s and a UTV/SXS. A two seater 2014 Polaris RZR XP 1000, with a lift and 4” portals, the RZR roof is 96” tall and 82” wide. it just barely fits in my CY-3975 garage with just inches to spare in the front and rear. The second ATV is a 2002 Yamaha Grizzly 660 and the third is a Yamaha Raptor 80 - My granddaughters!.

if there are any 4018 owners that help me out and provide measurements? I would be greatful.

Also has anyone special ordered a CY-4018?

thanks
Don Chaffin

LBR

Im looking to upgrade from a 2007 HL CY-3975 to a CY-4018.

I haven’t had much luck finding the dimensions for the garage interior height and width measurements.

What is the height to the bottom of beds/seats in the garage when raised up?
I’m looking to upgrade due to needing more room to haul two ATV’s and a UTV/SXS. A two seater 2014 Polaris RZR XP 1000, with a lift and 4” portals, the RZR roof is 96” tall and 82” wide. it just barely fits in my CY-3975 garage with just inches to spare in the front and rear. The second ATV is a 2002 Yamaha Grizzly 660 and the third is a Yamaha Raptor 80 - My granddaughters!.

if there are any 4018 owners that help me out and provide measurements? I would be greatful.

Also has anyone special ordered a CY-4018?

thanks
Don Chaffin

I feel your pain for not having any CY4018 support. We could not locate one on the West Coast to peruse before we ordered our late model 2017. We just "winged it" by walking into a CY3418 to feel the ~17' length cargo space (not an enclosed garage). I can give you all the requested measurements.

Your 96" height with the lift/portals must be with tall tractor mudding tires installed also? Do you swap on some shorties to get in thru your present TH door opening? Is this 96" height inside your TH correct?

WOW....8' high...what a monster!!

DonChaffin

LBR,

Any information you can provide will be helpful and appreciated!
I posted a picture of the RZR below and in photo album.

Yes rear door opening is 96” x 85.5” ceiling roof is 99” until you gyto the cabinets mounted on the end of the loft bed and then lowers to 83” height, the RZR roof is slanted so the front is lower around 87”.
Yea, the RZR with 4” portals, 3” lift and 34” Outlaw 2 tires, make it a tighter fit than when it was stock in the CY 3975. No I don’t swap to smaller tires- just more weight to carry. I have to preload the suspension four inches for the RZR roof to clear the storage cabinets mounted on the end of the loft bed in the garage ceiling.

Rrear door opening: height wise- the two foot dove tail floor helps with roof clearance. Width wise - there’s only about 3/4” clearance on either side due to the screen door guides. Once inside there’s about three inches total between wheels and walls. End to end length wise two three inches to spare.

8641DE2E-F5D4-4B8E-9D45-D2FD76409B20.jpg

Your CY-3418: does it have an open floor plan in to the cabin?
Due to gas/oil in the RZR, I’m looking for a separate garage due to vented fumes on hot days while traveling cross country or camping over night traveling to destination. The ceiling vent fan and side vents do a great job keeping the fumes cleared out and the residual fumes smell disapates once the RZR is unloaded. Or I would consider a CY-3418.

(If there’s any other Cyclone models owners with garages over 14 feet - please chime in)

Thanks
Don Chaffin

I feel your pain for not having any CY4018 support. We could not locate one on the West Coast to peruse before we ordered our late model 2017. We just "winged it" by walking into a CY3418 to feel the ~17' length cargo space (not an enclosed garage). I can give you all the requested measurements.

Your 96" height with the lift/portals must be with tall tractor mudding tires installed also? Do you swap on some shorties to get in thru your present TH door opening? Is this 96" height inside your TH correct?

WOW....8' high...what a monster!!

Attachments

• 2DAE3A1F-DE0E-4437-84E9-FEA1D1026FB9.jpg
    2DAE3A1F-DE0E-4437-84E9-FEA1D1026FB9.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 29

LBR

We only went into a 3418 to visualize the 17' length....we own a 4018 that you are asking about.

Widths
......Walls are 96"...between the HappiJack guides is 93-7/8"...3 seasons doors open for loading is 79-1/2" between them.

Length
......front of garage to closed 3 seasons doors is 16'9".

Heights
......bottom of loft is 75-1/2"....bottom of 2 overhead cupboards are also 75-1/2"....garage opening at dovetail is 86"....bottom of HappiJack seats in centerline of garage is 83"....bottom of HappiJack legs are 80-1/2"....bottom of HappiJack seat brackets are 78-1/2".

DonChaffin

Ah, I missed you have a 4018.

Thanks for the measurements!

Sounds l like I wouldn’t even get it through the back door height wise, possibly width wise if the “three seasonal door option was deleted.

Wonder if you could order one with a taller rear door and roof?

Did you special order yours?

Sounds like I have some homework work to do, glad I didn’t just jump into one based on the garage length.

Thanks again for all the measurements.
Merry Christmas.
Don Chaffin

QUOTE=LBR;574821]We only went into a 3418 to visualize the 17' length....we own a 4018 that you are asking about.

Widths
......Walls are 96"...between the HappiJack guides is 93-7/8"...3 seasons doors open for loading is 79-1/2" between them.

Length
......front of garage to closed 3 seasons doors is 16'9".

Heights
......bottom of loft is 75-1/2"....bottom of 2 overhead cupboards are also 75-1/2"....garage opening at dovetail is 86"....bottom of HappiJack seats in centerline of garage is 83"....bottom of HappiJack legs are 80-1/2"....bottom of HappiJack seat brackets are 78-1/2".[/QUOTE]

LBR

Yes...we special ordered from factory.

If your truly intent on fitting your machine into a CY4018, here is the project I would measure up and execute if measurements dictate feasible. This trick has been done many times and works. I imagine you could check any like year of Cyclones on dealer lots for rear door measurement verification prior to this step.

Don't laugh, but "It is so simple, a Caveman could do it"...thanx to the Flintstone Theorem.

Fabricate yourself 4 plywood wheels to bolt on, either 3/4" or 1-1/8" flooring. Make their diameter as small as possible so your portals will not touch the floor when breaking over the dovetail. If I'm reading this correctly, you need at least 10" drop to clear the door? You have 34" tires on now.

Example...so IF your plywood wheels could be 12" diameter, your roof height will drop 11" and you could drive right in, making those wheels the smallest diameter possible to safely clear your breakover point....except your portals come into play for sizing of the wooden wheels on this project.

If you need 16" wheels to clear portals, then suck your suspension down a couple inches with cinch straps.

Now since your running on pizza cutters, you MAY even be able to keep the 3 Season Door (79" opening) setup on?...machine is much narrower and lower now thanx to the Flintstone Theorem. Your clearing the door height, but if push comes to shove, delete the 3 Season doors if you must.

You could also remove the rear HappiJack seatee setup completely, leaving only the upper bunk in rear....and you still have the complete HappiJack setup in the front. This will give you at least 10" more height in the back 8' of the garage, increasing it to 93+" from my 83" measurement given.

So instead of a custom higher rear door/etc (which ain't gonna happen when you ask the factory), you make the RZR lower and narrower.

This sounds like a fun project...be careful crawling up the ramp with those wheels...many of my Maverickforums peeps have tacked on old bicycle inner tubes for traction.

The downsides are you need 10 minutes extra before loading and after unloading for swapping wheels, storage inside the CY for 4-34" tires when loaded, and storing your Flintstones when setup camping.

Good luck in your endeavors...if you need anything else, just holler. We are full timing in ours and can shoot you any measurements needed.

DonChaffin

Yea, ive seen the plywood wheels on a couple of machines and they work for short distances and getting them in to a garage. I bet thay are slick on the ramp door.

i had thought about the option of deleting rear. Bed/ seats/ jack System. Hopefully when the time comes the dealer im working will be truthful and helpful with measurements and options, modifications of the camper.

Thanks again for all the information.

rblack222

Yes...we special ordered from factory.

If your truly intent on fitting your machine into a CY4018, here is the project I would measure up and execute if measurements dictate feasible. This trick has been done many times and works. I imagine you could check any like year of Cyclones on dealer lots for rear door measurement verification prior to this step.

Don't laugh, but "It is so simple, a Caveman could do it"...thanx to the Flintstone Theorem.

Fabricate yourself 4 plywood wheels to bolt on, either 3/4" or 1-1/8" flooring. Make their diameter as small as possible so your portals will not touch the floor when breaking over the dovetail. If I'm reading this correctly, you need at least 10" drop to clear the door? You have 34" tires on now.

Example...so IF your plywood wheels could be 12" diameter, your roof height will drop 11" and you could drive right in, making those wheels the smallest diameter possible to safely clear your breakover point....except your portals come into play for sizing of the wooden wheels on this project.

If you need 16" wheels to clear portals, then suck your suspension down a couple inches with cinch straps.

Now since your running on pizza cutters, you MAY even be able to keep the 3 Season Door (79" opening) setup on?...machine is much narrower and lower now thanx to the Flintstone Theorem. Your clearing the door height, but if push comes to shove, delete the 3 Season doors if you must.

You could also remove the rear HappiJack seatee setup completely, leaving only the upper bunk in rear....and you still have the complete HappiJack setup in the front. This will give you at least 10" more height in the back 8' of the garage, increasing it to 93+" from my 83" measurement given.

So instead of a custom higher rear door/etc (which ain't gonna happen when you ask the factory), you make the RZR lower and narrower.

This sounds like a fun project...be careful crawling up the ramp with those wheels...many of my Maverickforums peeps have tacked on old bicycle inner tubes for traction.

The downsides are you need 10 minutes extra before loading and after unloading for swapping wheels, storage inside the CY for 4-34" tires when loaded, and storing your Flintstones when setup camping.

Good luck in your endeavors...if you need anything else, just holler. We are full timing in ours and can shoot you any measurements needed.

I love this, and the wood
Wheels can be used to place under the foot pads for soft soil. Can you tell I like to primitive camp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

avvidclif

Might hurry if you want one. The 3418 and 4018 are no longer on the website which usually means discontinued, dealer stock only.