Anyone Tried the Andersen Jack Blocks?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, pretty cool idea. Not so cool with the Snap Pads.
For me it's just six more things to carry around.
I do like the idea though.

Peace
Dave

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Wow, pretty cool idea. Not so cool with the Snap Pads.
For me it's just six more things to carry around.
I do like the idea though.

Peace
Dave

I agree, cool idea, but I'm curious how they work on gravel or uneven surfaces.

I like my SnapPads too much to ditch them for this.

Did you see the price? $85.15 on Amazon for 2!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimtoo

Might work OK on cement or packed cliche, but not sure it would be good on dirt or loose gravel. Looks like a bucket turned upside down and your weight is then on the lip. Not many square inches of support around the opening. Might not even work good on blacktop in Texas summer heat.

Jim M

oldelmer1

Last week I saw a 5th wheel in a campground that had these, looked like an upside down flower pot. No one was home so I couldn't go ask him about them. These were black.

rxbristol

Last week I saw a 5th wheel in a campground that had these, looked like an upside down flower pot. No one was home so I couldn't go ask him about them. These were black.

He probably painted them because I believe they only come in red from Andersen. Red seems to be their trademark color.

jbeletti

I see the Andersen Jack Blocks and the RV Snap Pads as providing different functions.

Many RVers prefer to block their jacks up high so they travel very little in an effort to make the rig "more stable" - I guess. I carry some blocks to use under my jack pads but only if I need more jack travel.

Not saying the Andersen Jack Blocks are a bad idea - nice to have options :)

avvidclif

I carry 4 4x6x12" and 4 6x8x12" treated lumber blocks. I put a screen door handle on the end of each for carrying. They cover any extra height I need. Usually I put 6 under the jacks just so they don't extend as far or sink into a soft surface (habit Jim). I think I have abt $40 in all of them. Heavier than a bucket but more support area on the ground.