NEW OWNER for the 2018 38 RSRT

dlafko

Hello,
I am new owner just picked it yesterday. I was wondering if anyone elsehas one and anything that you have found that would be good to know.

New to the forums, it does not look like there is a lot ofchatter in here so maybe we can get something going.
I was wondering if anyone know if the hydraulic systemfor slides and leveling system has a manual override if for some reason itstops working?

jbeletti

Congrats on the Elkridge and welcome to the forum. Consider joining the Heartland Owners Club (fast and free!) and join us at a rally this year. Rallies are a great place to learn much more about your RV from other RVers.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks i did sign up for the owners club today did they post info on the ralley we do want to try and come
I haven't seen an official PA rally announcement yet, but keep checking by clicking on the Events tab located at the top of each forum page.

Peace
Dave

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Hello,
I am new owner just picked it yesterday. I was wondering if anyone elsehas one and anything that you have found that would be good to know.

New to the forums, it does not look like there is a lot ofchatter in here so maybe we can get something going.
I was wondering if anyone know if the hydraulic systemfor slides and leveling system has a manual override if for some reason itstops working?
Hey Now!! Welcome from a fellow PAer and an ElkRidge owner.

We we have an ElkRidge 37Ultimate. Similar to your Resort but only with a 1/2 Bath in the Bunkroom. The 2 models are similar in length and weight.

GREAT trailer! 19366 miles, fairly trouble free. It has been a great choice that met our budget and our family needs quite well.

We have made a few modifications. Some inside and some outside. I would say to check your tires first. There has been quite a few documented cases of tire failure with the TowMax/PowerKing, E rated, 16 inch tires. You can search the forum for a lot more information about the issues. We replace ours before we left the dealership.

This forum is great. You can learn so much information here. Just ask away.

dlafko

Together some time. My kids are 8 girl and 4 boy how old areyours. We live in a town calledOrwigsburg which is right near Cabela’s, where do you live.
Biggest issue we found in our overnight experience was theLED lights above the bed are way to bright and I wish each light worked independentlyso when my wife wants to read I would not need the light over my head on. How do you find the winterization seems like a real PITAwith having to take panels off and such.

Hey Now!! Welcome from a fellow PAer and an ElkRidge owner.

We we have an ElkRidge 37Ultimate. Similar to your Resort but only with a 1/2 Bath in the Bunkroom. The 2 models are similar in length and weight.

GREAT trailer! 19366 miles, fairly trouble free. It has been a great choice that met our budget and our family needs quite well.

We have made a few modifications. Some inside and some outside. I would say to check your tires first. There has been quite a few documented cases of tire failure with the TowMax/PowerKing, E rated, 16 inch tires. You can search the forum for a lot more information about the issues. We replace ours before we left the dealership.

This forum is great. You can learn so much information here. Just ask away.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Together some time. My kids are 8 girl and 4 boy how old areyours. We live in a town calledOrwigsburg which is right near Cabela’s, where do you live.
Biggest issue we found in our overnight experience was theLED lights above the bed are way to bright and I wish each light worked independentlyso when my wife wants to read I would not need the light over my head on. How do you find the winterization seems like a real PITAwith having to take panels off and such.

Western side of PA. Somerset County. Daughter will be 16 in 4 weeks. Lord help me....

Our lights above the master bed work independent. But they are really bright. Maybe add a small LED puck light. Something with rechargeable batteries.

Winterizing was a pain the first time but it’s become less of a headache now. I have 4 easily removable screws holding the panel on. Turn 3 valves to bypass the water heater. And start pumping the pink stuff. I use a compressor to blow out the water lines first. Simple adapter to connect to the city water inlet. Camco 36143 Blow Out Plug with Brass Quick Connect https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002XL2IEA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_P7UrAbAZMHX0T

What are you using to tow that beast around? That is a long trailer. Love the outside kitchen.

dlafko

I Have a F350 Dully 2011.Have to practice backing up it did not go to well When we got home LOL

Western side of PA. Somerset County. Daughter will be 16 in 4 weeks. Lord help me....

Our lights above the master bed work independent. But they are really bright. Maybe add a small LED puck light. Something with rechargeable batteries.

Winterizing was a pain the first time but it’s become less of a headache now. I have 4 easily removable screws holding the panel on. Turn 3 valves to bypass the water heater. And start pumping the pink stuff. I use a compressor to blow out the water lines first. Simple adapter to connect to the city water inlet. Camco 36143 Blow Out Plug with Brass Quick Connect https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002XL2IEA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_P7UrAbAZMHX0T

What are you using to tow that beast around? That is a long trailer. Love the outside kitchen.

Congrats, we have a 2017 and we love it. Having 2 bed, 2 baths are great when friends or grandkids come along.

Question though, have you used your dinette as a bed yet? We can't get ours figured out and the factory/customer service is not sure either but they said they will doing some looking around.

Check out my "ask the factory" post to see the pictures about how it just does not seem to fit with the insert cushions.

https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/71657-ATF-ElkRidge-Converting-Dinette-to-Bed-2017-38RSRT

Again, congrats!!

dlafko

Congrats, we have a 2017 and we love it. Having 2 bed, 2 baths are great when friends or grandkids come along.

Question though, have you used your dinette as a bed yet? We can't get ours figured out and the factory/customer service is not sure either but they said they will doing some looking around.

Check out my "ask the factory" post to see the pictures about how it just does not seem to fit with the insert cushions.

https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/71657-ATF-ElkRidge-Converting-Dinette-to-Bed-2017-38RSRT

Again, congrats!![/QU

I don’t know ours is not like that everything lines up withthe cushions and the backs come off to fill in the gaps. Looks like someone messed something up.. Ourtable the supports in the floor don’t line up with the table.

Again, congrats!![/QU

I don’t know ours is not like that everything lines up withthe cushions and the backs come off to fill in the gaps. Looks like someone messed something up.. Ourtable the supports in the floor don’t line up with the table.

I moved the supports on the table to get them lined up better so the table rides smooth. I forced the cushions in after talking to the factory again but it is still a few inches low. Oh well. I’ll stick the kids intgat bed until I figure something out one day

a185dad256cd728a7cf2a4dbee78d9df.jpg
0df9090d6d497f958c4963f73a8a6162.jpg
b75f3df614f533267a5d6f945431685d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlafko

I wonder if you added a little piece of wood to each side toraise the rail up if that would be ok and still be comfortable when you sit.Maybe just remove the supports they have a add ones that are an inch higher.
You do have the table underneath the cushion right? Our table goes down first then the cushionson top.

I moved the supports on the table to get them lined up better so the table rides smooth. I forced the cushions in after talking to the factory again but it is still a few inches low. Oh well. I’ll stick the kids intgat bed until I figure something out one day

a185dad256cd728a7cf2a4dbee78d9df.jpg
0df9090d6d497f958c4963f73a8a6162.jpg
b75f3df614f533267a5d6f945431685d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk