Soon to be new owner of a 39MB.

bwdt

Have some mods that I plan on doing and thought I would post them here.

The Unit is being built as I write.

I plan on installing an instant hot water heater and want to add a return line to from the furthest distance back to the water heater with a small re-circulation pump. The I plan on putting a switch at the kitchen, bathroom and laundry sink with a temp circuit on the return line back at the heater. You hit the switch when you want hot water and the pump turns on, then the heater turns on and the pump runs until it senses heat on the return line back at the heater and the pump then turns off. When you turn on your faucet there will be heat immediately.

Next, I want to install a device on the toilet so that you will never smell the black tank when you flush the toilet.

Since I didn't order the unit with a generator, I plan on installing a decent size solar system with a newer type of battery like sodium metal, or the newer silicon graphite. The interesting things about these two types of batteries is that they have no degradation, have higher energy densities, and charge even faster.

I'm also looking into the disc brake upgrade. I have been towing trailers for years and hate not being able to really stop in an emergency situation.

I'm also going to check into enlarging the fresh water tank for boon docking. 48 gallons is just to small. I may just end up adding a temp water storage tank to the truck or something.

And lastly for now, I may see about moving the floor heater vents, I hate having them in the middle of the floor and wish they were installed on cabinet bottoms or against walls, not n the middle of rooms.

If anyone is interested in these mods and how I do them, let me know and I'll make sure to share them.

Pokiejoe

bwdt get it fixed just like you need it and come on over to New Mexico in May will see you at one of the Rallies !!

bwdt

Possibly, I'm going to be based in Florida but plan on doing some traveling.

I forgot to mention another one.

I'm putting a washer and dryer in the unit but an thinking about putting in a 220 volt apartment unit. Then I will take the heating elements and split them with two seperate elements and add a plug with a switch to the unit so that I can either run it on 110 or 220 depending on the power available. Might even make it switch automatically.
I'm surprised that no one has already built such a unit. (I think a saw a unit like this that you could wire up to run on either circuit in the 80s.)

danemayer

Possibly, I'm going to be based in Florida but plan on doing some traveling.

I forgot to mention another one.

I'm putting a washer and dryer in the unit but an thinking about putting in a 220 volt apartment unit. Then I will take the heating elements and split them with two seperate elements and add a plug with a switch to the unit so that I can either run it on 110 or 220 depending on the power available. Might even make it switch automatically.
I'm surprised that no one has already built such a unit. (I think a saw a unit like this that you could wire up to run on either circuit in the 80s.)

To get 220/240V to the dryer, you'll have to install an additional circuit breaker in the main panel, using the power leg not used by the current 120V outlet in that location, and run wire back to the dryer location. And you'll have to make some provision so you can still plug the washer in.

bwdt

Some of the apartment washer dryer units have 110v motors and circuits. Only the heating elements in the dryer are 220. Sometimes the same units can be purchased as 110v machines. (different models #s). I want to split the dryer heating elements into two 110 elements with a switch on one of them if necessary so that the unit will run on two 110v circuits. It could double the dryers heat output to dry cloths faster when power is available.