2011 Heartland Sundance 2800: Lippert Ground Control 3.0 Electric 5th Wheel RV Level

JASMAR

Have Camera Will Travel
Has anyone installed a Electric Self Leveling System on their Sundance Product. What brand and model did you use? Is the Sundance Frame considered a 10 inch frame. Does anyone know of a West Coast Company that does these instal Would you recommend the Lippert Ground Control 3.0 Electric 5th Wheel RV Level or would it work on a Sundance? Thanks Ahead of Time for your Assistance.
Tom

Last edited:

jbeletti

Tom, give LCI a call today and they can advise as to west coast shops that they’ve trained and certified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bogie

HI Tom,

I have Ground Control 3.0 on my Sundance. I think you looked at it at the Las Vegas Rally. I can't recommend a shop that can install it as I installed it myself but I am sure Lippert can help with that as Jim said. I called them several times and talked to their Tech's regarding my install and they were very helpful.

My install presented a few challenges with the rear jacks. I have a slide out tray in the back that had to be taken into account. Also, as I have a fairly small 5th wheel, the rear jack location on the door side was another problem. Finally, you need to take into account the height from the ground to the bottom of the trailer floor. That height and the placement of jack of the could affect how close the bottom of the jack is to the ground (could present a problem when backing up an incline driveway or camp site. In my case, I had to cut into the trailer floor from the bottom (without cutting through to the inside) in order to create a pocket so the jack could tuck up into the pocket (provided an additional 2 inches). As you have a full profile Sundance, (not and XLT like mine) I'm sure your install will be different and possibly easier.