2012 Prowler 26FB (5th wheel) water pump location

Happy New Year everyone.
I have a 2012 Heartland Prowler 26FB 5th Wheel. My water pump has lost all pressure. From the sound of the water pump I thought I would be next to my water tank. Does anyone know where I could get a service manual for my Prowler. I call Heartland and they were no help.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Allen McCurdy

danemayer

Hi Allen,

I'm afraid there's no service manual for trailers. We do have some user guides and troubleshooting guides written by owners.

When the water pump won't develop suction, and you're certain there's water in the fresh tank, it's usually due to a limited set of possibilities.

Given that most of the country is in a deep freeze, there's a pretty good chance that the fresh tank drain line has frozen and the ice has wicked up into the tee fitting where the drain line connects with the tubing that runs between tank and pump.

It's also possible that the antifreeze suction line valve has been left open. It's typically located near the pump.

The water pump itself has a clear plastic strainer bowl on the suction side. If the trailer was neither heated nor winterized properly, water left in that bowl can freeze, cracking the plastic. The crack allows air to be sucked into the pump instead of water.

And of course, it could be a pump internal malfunction.

I'm afraid I don't know where the water pump is located on a Prowler. On many fifth wheels, it's behind the rear wall of the pass-through basement storage. But it could be located somewhere else on your rig.

Duk1972

I have a heartland prowler 31 ret. Does anyone know where the water pump is located? Used it while dry camping and saw a tone of water coming out of the bottom of the rig while my wife was using the shower. Sounds like it has come apart. any help would be appreciated.